Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Insane, indeed! I thought the hike up to Angel's Landing in Zion National park was scary, but that was easy in comparison. Who would want to hike this trail with a back pack or looking through the viewfinder of a video camera?
- J.L.

·
Registered
681 Posts
JL de Jong said:
Insane, indeed! I thought the hike up to Angel's Landing in Zion National park was scary, but that was easy in comparison. Who would want to hike this trail with a back pack or looking through the viewfinder of a video camera?
- J.L.
I hiked up to Angel's Landing this past December. The trail was covered in snow and ice and there were no footprints up there! I was skeered shitless (I was by myself as my wife would not think of going up the cables - she waited at the bottom of the cables). This is even more exposed but the consequences of a fall are the same!

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I got the sweats just watching that. My fear of hieghts would never let me get very far up that first part and forget getting past the sections with only a metal pole to balance/walk on. I can't even imagine building it. Beautiful views, though.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Angel's Landing in the snow?

campisi said:
I hiked up to Angel's Landing this past December. The trail was covered in snow and ice and there were no footprints up there! I was skeered shitless (I was by myself as my wife would not think of going up the cables - she waited at the bottom of the cables). This is even more exposed but the consequences of a fall are the same!
Your wife is the smart one in your marriage. I would never hike up Angel's Landing in snow and ice. Glad you came down in one piece!
- J.L.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.