Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You know I've been down the Boneshaker many times but I've never ventured onto the bigger drop lines. There's one 6 footer just to the right on that first steep section before the middle flat secton that I'd eyeballed a couple times but never hit..... I tried it on New Year's Eve morning and it went really well, so.................

Down towards the bottom the trail splits and I've always taken the right which is a steep loose chute but no drops...... but from what people have said I've alway suspected there were some bigger drops down that left (straight down) fork.

Last week I was feeling spunky (especially after nailing that first sixer) and the D-T was egging me on so decided to try the drop line. The first one wasn't bad... maybe 4-5 feet and the next one looked about the same as I approached it, maybe a bit bigger.

Holy Carp!!!! :eekster: :eekster: :eekster:

After dropping it and then washing my front wheel out trying to get slowed back down for the next drop... I looked back up at it and....... I think it's more like 8-9 feet!!!! Yikes.

Look before you leap boys.

Here's a few more from my Cowboy trails ride incase you missed it over on Passion.

Oh, BTW, who tore out that little joshua tree that was guarding the cheater line on that step up switchback about half way up? Why do people have to dumb things down?

It was cool at the start and the trails were tacky moist and deserted.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Awesome pictures and man I have to get out there.
I begin my x-c drive to Vegas next Monday. Can't wait! I expect to out riding daily and will try to help keep these picture threads alive.
I'm going to just going to load bikes on my car and drive west for 3 days until it's sunny and dry.

·
V-Shaped Rut
3,178 Posts
I've only been down it once and I took the left. I exercised good sense and didn't take that one on my 4" travel bike, but as you saw on the other thread I took the same pic as you.

I mean the bike next to the rock, not the black eye and swollen sac. :D

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
...We're gonna need to see this fantasticle jump on video.... methinks that your Wife gave you that shiner ;) Post up the next time urine town and I'll charge the batteries in the camera.... :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
beagledadi said:
...We're gonna need to see this fantasticle jump on video....Post up the next time urine town and I'll charge the batteries in the camera.... :thumbsup:
Deal. Although I may be too skeered to try it again now that it's been measured...... and for some stupid reason, I'm usually braver when I'm by myself. I hate making a fool of myself in front of others? I have a death wish? Dunno.

Sorry I didn't give you a heads up on this one, Matt. It was literally a last minute decision. We had tentatively planned on doing the Barrels up in St. George again but I was unable to make connections with El Chingon the night before so that morning I opted to head south instead.

beagledadi said:
methinks that your Wife gave you that shiner ;)
Matt
That's what I've been telling everyone...... although she might give me another one if I showed her that drop..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.