Perriero yellow
Sastriere .08
Landis .30

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imjps said:
I had a feeling he would do something like that. My getting up at 5:00 was rewarded heavily.
OK, Who's calling dibs on making that their avatar!:thumbsup:

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
Landis is definitely my new hero. The man is a beast. I actually jumped off the couch and spilled my coffee when he crossed the line :D.

That was tour history we watched this morning.

Why is it that American cyclists have to always come back from the depths of injury/pain/disease/suffering to win these events....Lemond, Amstrong, and now Landis with his hip injury?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
15:58:10 - Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...

From the OLN report:

"15:58:10 - Yellow Jersey For A Six-Pack Of Beer...
After Floyd Landis regained the lead of the Tour de France at the top of L'Alpe d'Huez he decided that he wanted a beer to celebrate the moment. On the road down to his hotel, his team car pulled over and the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator."

Also, it was reported that he had a beer after yesterday's horrible finish.

Funny stuff, but the real story of course is this guy's absolutely incredible performance when only an incredible ride would do. Talk about delivering under pressure.

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Old Dawg said:
Landis is definitely my new hero.

Why is it that American cyclists have to alway come back from the depths of injury/pain/suffering to win these events....Lemond, Amstrong, and now Landis with his hip injury?
Because we're baddasses!

I think next time we should have a full quadriplegic crush the peloton - pedalling with massively muscled eyebrows and prosthetic leg extensions.

That'll teach 'em!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Old Dawg said:
Landis is definitely my new hero. The man is a beast. ...
My new hero too. To come back the way he did was nothing short of awe inspiring. The sheer mental fortitude .....

Definitely am doing a road ride this week-end.

Cheers.

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
imjps said:
I had a feeling he would do something like that. My getting up at 5:00 was rewarded heavily.
I have a feeling my road ride saturday I will set a pb time up Mt Hamilton.
What a ride by Landis, that solidified his place in tour history. I too was late for work I had to see what times the leaders came in with.
Beer, the new energy drink.:thumbsup:

Sean:thumbsup:

·
Wookin' Pa Nub
97 Posts
Pretending to be Landis?

jorgemonkey said:
I was late to work becuase I wanted to watch the finish. Then it was fun pretending to be Landis while riding to work :D
Did you drink a six-pack once you got to work? :)

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
GMM said:
the American traded a yellow jersey for a six-pack of beer with a spectator."

Also, it was reported that he had a beer after yesterday's horrible finish.
you can't take the mountain biker out of the roadie!

Today was by far the best stage I have watched live.

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
0gre said:
I'm not road racing expert but it seems unlikely there will be a huge breakaway tomorrow which means that this will probably be decided in the time trials in Stage 19. Or maybe they'll be duking it out on the streets of Paris?
This tour will be like the 1989 tour and will be decided in the time trial. The last time this happened was when Fignon lost to LeMond by eight seconds in the time trial that was run on the last day of the tour. This is going to be just like that upset win by Lemond only it will be Landis doing the winning and I predict a bigger time difference between him and the 2nd and 3rd place winners :thumbsup:

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
For those who missed live coverage on OLN this morning, here are the replays:
12:00pm to 2:00pm: Race Action Replay
2:30pm to 4:30pm: Race Action Replay
5:00pm to 7:00pm: Race Action Replay
8:00pm to 10:30pm: Tour Recap Special
12:00am to 2:30am: Tour Recap Special

·
Paper or plastic?
10,339 Posts
Old Dawg said:
This tour will be like the 1989 tour and will be decided in the time trial. The last time this happened was when Fignon lost to LeMond by eight seconds in the time trial that was run on the last day of the tour. This is going to be just like that upset win by Lemond only it will be Landis doing the winning and I predict a bigger time difference between him and the 2nd and 3rd place winners :thumbsup:
I watched the first half of the last climb this morning. Dang, that was awe inspiring. I don't care if the guy wins or loses, he'll still be the man of the tour.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts