Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I decided to take off my bottom bracket since I wanted to give it a regrease but when I tried to reinstall it, I found out that it kept slanting and required a lot of force when trying to install the drive side cup so I thought that maybe it was because my bottom bracket being worn so I went and got a new one and guess what; same issue. It keeps slanting and requires more force than I think is required. Whenever I watch installation videos, I see that the mechanic can install it in with his hands with not much force but when I try to do that I cannot, I'm scared of tightening it further because I'm afraid that I will damage the threads on my frame. I've got no idea what to do and I'm kind of lost :(

Thank you for reading

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sounds like it might be cross threaded, you are correct to not force it. I would have a shop re-tap and clean up the threads, might solve it for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup that's what I'm thinking.. A few threads are crushing each other so I'm going to go find a shop to help with it since I can't afford the tools to do it. Thanks for the reply!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.