Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
newless cluebie
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a '04-late '03 Hollowpoint linkage plate? The part that connects to the shock and is adjustable?

Found out only recently that the '03 Hollowpoint my wife rides was updated sometime in late '03 and IH was giving out replacement linkages for the pedal bob issue. Course, I only find out about this six years late.. so checking to see if any of ya'll have a busted up Hollowpoint frame that might have the updated linkage they're willing to part with?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry my 04 is still going strong

I have a want for a new bike, but my 04 hollowpoint is still going strong with no issues. And it is ridden on average about 4 times a week (for about 5 plus years).

·
kneecap
1,642 Posts
vaelin said:
Does anyone have a '04-late '03 Hollowpoint linkage plate? The part that connects to the shock and is adjustable?

Found out only recently that the '03 Hollowpoint my wife rides was updated sometime in late '03 and IH was giving out replacement linkages for the pedal bob issue. Course, I only find out about this six years late.. so checking to see if any of ya'll have a busted up Hollowpoint frame that might have the updated linkage they're willing to part with?
What was the peddle bob issue you're referring to?
If your bike has the longer upper link that iron horse had issues with I might be willing to trade?

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
vaelin said:
Found out only recently that the '03 Hollowpoint my wife rides was updated sometime in late '03 and IH was giving out replacement linkages for the pedal bob issue.
I don't think the issue was bob, but frame interference issues on some bikes. That's my recollection anyway. Hmm... the updated links probably also flex less. I have no first hand experience with it since I never had an '03. If you dig through this site's archives, you might be able to find out more about it.

My 2004 Hollowpoint is still going strong, though I am on my second replacement frame now. (I tried to get the linkage parts from the first warranty, but couldn't. The second time around, they sent me only the front triangle.)

·
Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
178 Posts
The issue with the updated shock links were definitely frame related. On my 2003 the rear triangle could actually hit the seat post. It was resolved with the two hole links. I never could really feel a difference in moving the shock from hole to hole on the new ones though. I had to give up the new links when they warranted the frame after I got cracks in both the rear and front triangles. I got about 4 1/2 years out of the frame. Still was my favorite bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.