Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this version? Run from North Rim to South Rim, Bike AZT from the canyon to SnowBowl. Hike up and down Humphreys?

Looking for logistics info. I have done R2R2R. I’m familiar with summit to Humphreys. What about AZT? Looks to be about 85 miles and 5k climbing

I’m thinking late September to early November best window. What time of day has anyone started to maximize daylight for the ride? Also figure no water along ride route either.

And finally what is an average time to complete?

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
Hump to Hole has been done for a while, ending at Phantom Ranch. If you Google that, you'll probably find some times to calibrate your version.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
An impressive feat. As if R2R2R wasn't taxing enough.

Thread drift but I like what one of our local rad enduro ladies did last week in Flag. Pedal the 2000' up Elden with her paraglider, flew down and left her wing at the car, hiked back up, ride back down Private Reserve.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found info on the running version that starts at Phantom. I’ve come to learn since my post that the Run/bike/hike version is typically done on a road bike. I’m curious if anyone has done the dirt version.

·
Will Guide for Beer
727 Posts
FWIW - I think North Rim to Humphry summit would be super rad. Best version IMO. A friend of mine coined the term 'hole to hump' long ago and had the record for years as he was the 1st to complete it.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clearly the hump to hole route would be easier. The AZT from snowbowl to the canyon is mostly downhill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts