Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Curious as to what the max extension for the hobgoblin seat post is? I have heard of frame limits vs post limits, and see the line on the seat post for the max extension. I was also told as long as the post extends below the top tube it's okay. Right now I have 7 inches exposed, which puts the bottom of the post just below the bottom of the top tube. Any input?

on another note I am having a blast on my new hobgoblin. Haven't had any real problems, just the usual adjustments to the shifters and brakes, getting everything dialed in. Not that I have anything to compare it to, but it rides great for me.

I had developed a creak after a few rides, but it ended up being my fault. Turns out you need to lube the pedal threads before installing, who knew? A little red n tacky, problem solved. I imagine there will be many more learning experiences such as that.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Glad you like your bike!

Yes, that's exactly what we say on our website. Due to the frame design, the post must be inserted past (below) the bottom of the ST/TT juncture.

Hope that helps,

Jeremy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts