Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was doing my yearly tear down of my beloved Mojo SL to replace the bearings and when I examined the frame I noticed which seems to be a crack??? What do you guys think? Hans? I think I might send this in to you for a close examination as I don't want to take any risk and plus with the New England weather I will not be ridding anytime soon.

Here is a pick to assist you in the photo as to the contour of the crack. After all its hard to capture it on a Matte Black carbon frame.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ultra fast response from Ibis. Spoke with Scot via email and he said the same thing. Hans, thanks also for the reply. It will be in the mail tomorrow.

I have to say I have dealt with numerous other companies with warranty issues and by far no one can hold a torch to the customer service that Ibis has. That is why 2 of my ridding buddies also bought an Ibis.

Cheers and Salute to IBIS CYCLES!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There should be a sticky in this forum regarding the customer service that Ibis gives. Lets just say after this experience with dealing with Ibis I will never by another brand. Thinking of selling my Cannondale Super Six and pick up a Silk Road. hmmmmm......

·
Registered
575 Posts
Silk

huck*this said:
There should be a sticky in this forum regarding the customer service that Ibis gives. Lets just say after this experience with dealing with Ibis I will never by another brand. Thinking of selling my Cannondale Super Six and pick up a Silk Road. hmmmmm......
The Silk is a sweet road bike, mine is in the mid 13 lb range with my light wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
As the OP of this thread found a crack in his swingarm I also found this crack on the rear triangle when I stripped it down for a service. It can't be seen when built up as the linkage 'hides' it. There has been no impact damage and no signs of any damage also. Does this look like a lay up problem? Any opinions welcome.

I'm gutted about this as until now loved my Mojo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.