Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

have any of you idea if HKEK model 2005 is going to come without ZR9000 frame ? I have found it at GF website :
http://www.fisherbikes.com/archive/bike_detail.asp?series=genesis&bike=HKEK_E&year=2005

I am very :mad: about that, due to I had a plan wait for new model 05, rather than keep curren one. But now it seems it was not good idea :( .

Generally, it seems that components are very similar, just frame down creased.

Is there anyone waiting for new HKEK disappointed :) ?

Thanks for reply!

·
Registered
36 Posts
virion said:
Hi,

have any of you idea if HKEK model 2005 is going to come without ZR9000 frame ? I have found it at GF website :
http://www.fisherbikes.com/archive/bike_detail.asp?series=genesis&bike=HKEK_E&year=2005

I am very :mad: about that, due to I had a plan wait for new model 05, rather than keep curren one. But now it seems it was not good idea :( .

Generally, it seems that components are very similar, just frame down creased.

Is there anyone waiting for new HKEK disappointed :) ?

Thanks for reply!
It says on the website that its Platinum Series Double Butted, with the tass and lower being gold, so isn't that ZR9000?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grahamalicious said:
It says on the website that its Platinum Series Double Butted, with the tass and lower being gold, so isn't that ZR9000?
I guess they used ZR9000 for higher models now. As you can see for example for X-Caliber (Platinum Series ZR9000 internally and externally butted aluminum). Also new models ZR9000 frames are more differentiate, as you can see above....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who is interest :

GF answered me as follows:

Thanks for writing
Yes the 2005 HKEK is made of the ZR9000, the whole frame has changed
since last year, pleae contact your local fisher dealer for more info.

Josh Vick
Gary Fisher/Trek Tech Support

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fisher Preview Website

It is worth noting that the site were you find the look at Fisher 2005 bikes is a preview site. Most of the pages have not been reviewed for accuracy yet. We chose not to password protect it because the Fisher fans out there were pretty psyched to check out the new stuff early. There is some danger though. Be patient with us. Approved website should be live next month. Catalogs are showing up in stores now.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.