Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to know which racks people are using to haul around their Enduro's?
I'm currently using the fork adapter and having to take my front wheel on and off and put it on top of my jeep ALL the time and I'm to the point of wanting a rack that will accommodate the front wheel as well, or buy a hitch rack and forget the whole roof rack idea.
What are you Enduro owners using to haul your Enduro to the trail?
any input would be great!

·
Dual Squishy...
650 Posts
I have a Thule T2 hitch rack. Best rack I have ever owned. Plan on getting the 2 bike extention next month.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have a Yakima SwingDaddy that I absolutely love. It can swing out of the way even while loaded. I don't have an Enduro, but I have an 09 Stumpy (size Large). If the small triangle on your Enduro where the top tube and brace meet the seat tube is similar in size to the Stumpy (they appear to be close) and if you have a large bike or larger, one of the rack supports can go right through it and it works great. Otherwise you can get one of those bar adapters that mount to the seat post and the stem which you then hang from the rack.

http://www.yakima.com/racks/bike-racks/product/8002422/swingdaddy-(2-receivers-only).aspx

http://www.yakima.com/racks/bike-racks/product/8002531/tubetop.aspx

·
Heathen
768 Posts
Went with the T2. Already have a roof rack but on my XTerra it's way high. I have to stretch even at 6'1" and always end up loading bikes for my friends that go with me. Adding an upright carrier would make it even worse.

T2 isn't perfect though. Have to do some wrigling to get 29r's on it.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
One of my buddies with a nissan car hauls his Enduro SL on his Yakima roof rack, we have had the SL and my demo 7 up there at the same time with our 25mm and 20mm Fork Up's. I have a Yakima Hold down II and it also works great, the hold down is much faster to get the bikes on and off, but if you dont have a hitch mount already, the hold down can be an expensive purchase.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Another vote for the Thule T2. I regularly put a large and extra large Enduro SL or an Enduro and Stumpjumper on it with no problems (other than lowering one seat and raising the other). Awesome rack -- super easy to load and it does not wiggle or bounce. Super easy to fold up when not in use.

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
I've been using this Yakima (Lockjaw?) for almost 2 years without incident.

It is a bit flimsy when compared to the higher end stuff (bikes wiggle back and forth a little), but it does the job. I can get 2 SL's on the rack in about 30 seconds.

I now have the racks mounted backwards to protect the stanchions from road pebbles.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a Yakima King Joe 2. I have an '02 Mustang so my options are limited. Luckily I ride only 5 minutes from where I live so no long haul here. It secures it enough but I would not be comfortable with it for a long ride. I just make sure I strap the heck out of it and I use an adapter bar (carefully!) on the frame to allow it to sit flat.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Inflight towball rack. Takes four bikes and on my Outback wagon hinges down so I can open the tailgate. Bars fold down with easy release when not in use.

Had two high end bikes stolen in last three years from car roofs on thule and other brand locking roofracks. Now gone back to using towbar mount and padlocking to towball mount. Far easier to get bike on and off and less wind resistance = better economy.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts