Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking to buy a hitch for our 2009 Hyundai Elantra and a bike rack (4 bike rack). We'd like to buy used.
Is there some overlap in the hitch sizes between car make and model i.e. are there perhaps hitches for other sedans that may fit our Elantra or do we have to buy a specific Elantra hitch? I think its highly unlikely that we'll find a used hitch for our specific car make and model but if they're fairly similar sizes then a different make may still fit. I just don't know enough about them... hoping someone out there will know more than me and may be able to offer some advise! Thank you :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
go to uhaul or etrailer and find what will fit your car. You'll more than likely have to go with a 1 1/4" hitch. Your main concern will be how much your bikes weigh because 1 1/4" hitches normally have like a 200lbs limit which will includes the bike rack...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Torklift in Kent WA may make a 2" hitch for your car. If you want to haul 4 bikes, that's what you really need. If two bikes, 125" is maybe ok, esp. if you don't want/need a tray-type rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts