Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emailed fox and it just needs a rebuild. Its a remote lock out, i cant play with the adjustment till its rebuilt.

Am I able to adjust the lock out so its just firm? I would think you can, thats how my rear shock is, its a 2017 trek top fuel.

This is the second time this happened but last time something broke.

I still cant believe there is no blow off valve... basic RS forks have a blow off but i dont want to rebuild the ****ing thing every time i forget to hit the lock out off in a race. Was on lap 4 of a 55km race... such a piss off, now its not going to be ready in time for the D50 in Spearfish.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fit4 damper can be revalved to have a softer setting in "lock" mode

Did they say what had broken last time?
No, they fixed it under warranty.

Had some bad crunching noises when compressed.

This time it just is like a pogo stick and no weird noise other than you can hear a spring noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decent lock-out hydro forks that I'm aware of all have blow offs. Hit a sharp bump or drop and fork will compress.
Wonder if i have my cable tension too tight? I mean i race xc. I hit a like small root or something... i could ride a cyclocross bike on our trails.

Last time i had it locked and was riding to the group ride and went off like a 6" curb and it broke something internally.

Really pisses me off. Might have to adjust my twin loc so it cant lock out at all because i dont want to rebuild every time i forget its locked with race brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.