Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just trying to find out whos had one and theyr experiences with recovery.
im 24 and have just come into the mountain biking world,as i cant carry on my skateboarding which i have been doing for about 13-14 years.

sorry for any bad grammar.am a bit dyslexic

·
?hipster?
127 Posts
That's very young to need a THR, have you seen a surgeon? Did you have some serious injuries or have congenital issues?

I had double Birmingham Hip Resurfacing at 56 and took about 6 months to a year to be 100%. I took my time, some recover quicker, some slower.

Hip replacement or resurfacing is serious surgery and you need to do lots of research. There can be serious complications and it is critical to get RIGHT SURGEON.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I was little iv had a problem called perthes disease,blood supply stops to the femur causing it to become very brittle and fracture and become very very mishapen and as you get slightly older blood supply returns but damage caused over that time irrepairable .iv had 14 operations to have various things to keep my natural hip for as long as possible.I have about 10% movement in my left hip joint and constant ache but some serious pain sometimes. I was told from an early age that I would need one young due to such severe damage caused by perthes.they estimated 20 years old but have managed to get 5 years past that. I trust my consultant/surgeon I wouldn't have been where I was today without him and the royal national orthopedic hospital in stanmore.

How do you find riding your bike since having them done??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts