Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mark your calander, ask your wife if you can have your balls for the weekend and meet us in Pisgah for a few good rides.

Dates are June 9th and 10th with a possibility of a ride Friday night the 8th for those that arrive early. We are still seeking the advice of the locals for the trails to ride but they will be technical, there will be a ton of climbing with decents to match.

We'll stay in Brevard at a hotel that the name escapes me at the moment (little help JNC??). It's central to all the trails, bikeshops and food (just don't room with Jay and let him eat at the Chinese buffet :nono: ) There is camping nearby also if that is your thing but you'll have to venture over to the NC forum to see which is best.

More details as we make them up.

·
Turner lurker
34 Posts
I've been there a few times, even day-tripped it once when I lived in Gwinnett county;). The last time I was there we spent a day at DuPont as well.
I'm living in Nashville now. If schedules allow (June is my busy season), I might be able to wrangle some of my Nashville riding buds into making the road trip!!:thumbsup:

·
long standing member
3,095 Posts
SSINGA said:
Mark your calander...
Just to clarify, are you talkin' riding on June 8th and 9th, Friday and Saturday? Or arriving on Friday, and riding maybe Friday night and Saturday day? Or riding Saturday and Sunday, June 9th and 10th? Or some other permutation that I didn't mention?

What do you guys think the likely rides/trails will be on this trip? Are we talking 25 mile hammerfests with 6000' of climbing or what? Seriously, what're the usual/typical loops?

I found a couple of older threads about previous gatherings, but I'm curious as to what the new year will bring.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
PCinSC said:
Just to clarify, are you talkin' riding on June 8th and 9th, Friday and Saturday? Or arriving on Friday, and riding maybe Friday night and Saturday day? Or riding Saturday and Sunday, June 9th and 10th? Or some other permutation that I didn't mention?

What do you guys think the likely rides/trails will be on this trip? Are we talking 25 mile hammerfests with 6000' of climbing or what? Seriously, what're the usual/typical loops?

I found a couple of older threads about previous gatherings, but I'm curious as to what the new year will bring.
Whatever PC, you know what I meant. Ride Sat and Sun with a possible Fri.

Don't worry about the ride and just drag your ass down here. Nothing we rode last year was a hammer fest. We were lost 1/3 of the time on the big ride and I was in sandals for the DuPont ride. BZ is buying the Krispy Kremes.

Just don't follow JNC's training regimne for learing wheelie drop or you'll need shoulder surjery too.
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1126591200/Head_First_Crash

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I've got that weekend reserved for this trip.
Got a couple of buds out my way also interested... they're non-homers so let me know if they'll be the only ones so I can warn them about the incense and chanting.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
hambone said:
HAHAHA!!! that's perfect! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were wondering how SS had improved his cornering so dramatically, seemingly overnight!
That Panda corners like a Ferrari on Rails! (at least that's what I read in MBA)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Bikezilla said:
I've got that weekend reserved for this trip.
Got a couple of buds out my way also interested... they're non-homers so let me know if they'll be the only ones so I can warn them about the incense and chanting.
When do you think you'd leave/return? I'd love to go, but it looks like it would be ~15 hours for me. That's a tough trip to make twice over a weekend, solo. NYC isn't out of the way, and I could easily haul 4 people & bikes, or else help cover fuel.

Also, has anyone talked to DT about this? He was seriously talking about bringing a couple dozen bikes out this way at some point this summer. June is coming up pretty quick to organize a cross country trip with all those bikes, but it'd be worth checking with him.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Miles, stay in touch on PM We'll see about what kind of carivan we'll assemble. Nobody should do 15 solo.

Yeah it 's way short notice to ping DT, he'll probably be up to his ears filling orders then.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Miles, stay in touch on PM We'll see about what kind of carivan we'll assemble. Nobody should do 15 solo.QUOTE]

I am in NJ just outside of the city - so if some of my friends or Zilla's fall though we have at least three for one car...miles just don't talk too much anti yankee stuff!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
wilks said:
miles just don't talk too much anti yankee stuff!
It'll be hard with the Sox already leading the division by double digits at that point. :p

Maybe I'll just get a "Yankees Suck" t-shirt and let it do the talking for me. It would also probably go over well south of the Mason Dixon line, where they'll have no idea it's a reference to baseball. :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
SSINGA said:
That Panda corners like a Five year old on roller skates! (at least that's what I read in NAMBLA)

fixed it for you....

Sorry SS it's so rare that I get a chance to take a shot that I had to take advantage of that one. I appologize in advance to anyone that I might be offending yada yada yada, I know this aint SORBA but still.
BTW I'm checking the schedule and will probably be in for this one. It will be good to finally meet some of you freaks :thumbsup:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cruzthepug said:
I've only had my Sultan for a week, do I qualify? :lol: I've got the dates down.

Steve
Sure - Cruz on over. You'll blend right in with all the other 29'r Sultan zealots! :p :D

1 - 20 of 109 Posts