Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Let's ride
7,094 Posts
Wimp out? That's not an option. Go slower and easier, yes, but no wimping out. That is for, uh, well, wimps. ;)

Yes, we are climbing Kennedy today. I had other things i needed to do today after work, but, such is life, the show must go on.

So, we're climbing Kennedy and going over the top and down Overgrown, same as last week.

Meet at Kennedy and Los Gatos BLVD. Park on Kennedy.
Start time: 6:20pm.

· Let's ride
7,094 Posts
Sorry i didn't start the thread sooner. Been one of those weeks at work...
Customer---"Hey, i ordered a #3 with Biggie fries, these are small fries!"
Thomas---'Yes, sir, sorry about that, we're cooking up a new batch now.'
Thomas talking to himself---'Man, you look like you already had 4 Biggie fries, and a apple crisp.'

· Nature Rider, Not MTBer
2,684 Posts
As always, I'm out. Climbing hills? No thanks! ;)

But now I've got an urge to eat fries that'll be tough to resist. Mmmm.... Barney's curly fries... just two blocks from my house...

Dangit! Thanks a lot, Rensho.

(Why did I even click on this thread?)

· Registered
4,351 Posts
rensho said:
Grrrah, what cog do you need? I have a spare 19 and 20 you can borrow.
I am ashamed to admit it, but a 21 would be nice... currently running 34x20x29.

actually I don't think I will be able to leave the office until after 6 today, killing my chances of making it to LG before 6:45. Thanks for the offer, but if I could make it in time, I would just suffer the pain (and enjoy the hike as well).

Edit: oh, and I had a double jalapeno cheese burger and fries from Carls Jr. at lunch ... mmm... now I feel like I need to climb that hill.

· Let's ride
7,094 Posts
Plim said:
But now I've got an urge to eat fries that'll be tough to resist. Mmmm.... Barney's curly fries... just two blocks from my house...

Dangit! Thanks a lot, Rensho.

(Why did I even click on this thread?)
I figure if you won't let me motivate you to be faster, I'd motivate you to be slower... :p

One of these Wednesdays, put that bike in the car, actually show up at work, and then go ride with us afterwards.

You missed a great ride today, the weather was a cool 95F. Lukily, it was a dry heat.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
Talked you into it ? Menso was half way down the dam at warp speed in the blink of the eye, How far did he ride today on that SS, Cupertino to LG up and over Kennedy and back to Cupertino. Some day maybe when I grow up I can ride like that.

Great ride today even if it was 95 deg. Summer is here !

· Let's ride
7,094 Posts
Menso, you scare me.

Glad to hear you made it home safe and still with a bit of daylight.

If i come across you on your SS and you'll hanging on my wheel when i'm on my roadie, i'm going all out to drop you or till i puke, whichever comes first. I have a feeling I ain't dropping you. :(
By the looks of that roadie today, he never stood a chance. No wonder you dropped him like a bad habit going into LG.

Keep riding that BB until the axel snaps, or the bearings turn to powder.

Bring the male parental unit next week.

· 190lbs of climber
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rensho said:
Menso, you scare me.

Glad to hear you made it home safe and still with a bit of daylight.

If i come across you on your SS and you'll hanging on my wheel when i'm on my roadie, i'm going all out to drop you or till i puke, whichever comes first. I have a feeling I ain't dropping you. :(
By the looks of that roadie today, he never stood a chance. No wonder you dropped him like a bad habit going into LG.

Keep riding that BB until the axel snaps, or the bearings turn to powder.

Bring the male parental unit next week.
I won't be here next week (USA Cycling Jr Camp), but I'll try to get my dad out the door. Training for cccx for him, as all his rides are. I wonder what will keep him riding after the cccx series is over on July 2nd?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.