Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
We rode it last weekend and survived. I must say though that 257 seems to be suffering from too much love...I don't remember the brake bumps being so bad in the past. It is shuttleable and that can be really hard on trails. On a positive note, there were two guys from the Lake City Trail Alliance clearing the brush encroaching on 258. That was getting pretty tight, so that will be nice, and safer, to have that cleared out.

·
All fat, all the time.
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If everyone had a small pair of trimmers/pruning sheers and helped, it wouldn't be so bad ;) I spent a day out there and only got 1/3 of the way in.
Only the front section is where you'll run into the shuttle dudes.... Always quiet down to Carlin and climbing out.

Most of the time out there I've only run into moose and they usually wander off the trail as I go by, only once I had to turn around because mama & baby were eating and would not let me by.

I did also scare a bobcat, he took off quickly never to be seen or heard again. Sneaky bastards.

The guy in the video might need a lesson on proper use of bear spray though.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I was one of the fellows on the brushcutter. I still have a half mile segment in the middle to clear. I will also be clearing on Caribou.

Help support Lake City Trail Alliance by becoming a member. And if you can, donate $.

·
Cycologist
10,338 Posts
I don't know him, but it happened on my favorite local trail....
I thought this happened to you a couple of years ago. Seems I recall I made some Shark vs lion comment.

·
All fat, all the time.
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought this happened to you a couple of years ago. Seems I recall I made some Shark vs lion comment.
Sure did, mine was more a stand-off for a couple minutes though and the cat finally walked off.
I've since ran into a bobcat last year and another cougar this summer. Both took off as soon as they saw me luckily.
Me and cats don't get along

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.