Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of putting DHF 2.5 WT up front as the Reserve 30 wheels have all but completely flattened out the 2.3 DHFs on it right now. Am I correct in assuming the 2.5WT will have less contact with the ground than flattened 2.3?

Also confused by all the available 2.5 29er DHF options. 120 or 60 TPI, dual, triple etc... Seems like there are a couple that are lightest. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thinking of putting DHF 2.5 WT up front as the Reserve 30 wheels have all but completely flattened out the 2.3 DHFs on it right now. Am I correct in assuming the 2.5WT will have less contact with the ground than flattened 2.3?

Also confused by all the available 2.5 29er DHF options. 120 or 60 TPI, dual, triple etc... Seems like there are a couple that are lightest. Any advice is appreciated!
I have been running the DHF 2.5 3c up front and aggressor 2.3 out back over the past couple years. Great set up. I just installed a 2.6DHF 120tpi 3c up front last week and really like it so far. Also running reserve 30s.

Up front stick with the 3c for better grip. Stay away from the DD (downhill casing) unless running downhill / park all the time. I like the 2.6 knob spacing and over all roundness better then the 2.5. But only have two rides so far. Also the 120 helps keep the weight down. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Compound options for the DHF are from softest to hardest Maxx Grip, Maxx Terra, Dual Compound. For regular trail riding I would suggest MT up front and DC out back.

For casing options on the DHF it's easier to ignore tpi and just go by the casing name. DH is obviously the heaviest then Double Down, EXO+, and the lightest EXO. If you don't know what you need and aren't destroying tires then go with the EXO+. I feel like if you actually use the DHF to its ability then you'll benefit from the stiffer EXO+ casing. The EXO is too flimsy in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.