Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
singletrack bound
2,988 Posts
A buddy and I went for a nice ride today and we crashed into each other and both did a shoulder roll right in front of another friend we had just saw coming up the incline today in Nisene. We both rolled, got up and asked "are you OK", yeah, are you OK, Oh, hi JMS!
Quite entertaining I must say! You never know when this sort of thing is going to happen!! :eekster:

·
Log off and go ride!
1,763 Posts
Still nursing a nagging knee injury. I am out of the saddle until it gets better. :(

·
Registered
456 Posts
Friday two loops at demo did -ridge-sawpit up suphler (great climb) to braille then to parking. Saturday was spent wandering the booths at sea otter with a nice mild beer buzz. Raced (participated) cat 2 at sea otter, heard "on your left" way to much... What a fun weekend.

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
My 5 year old fell about 12ft on a playground and broke his hand yesterday. Full day in Stanford's emergency room. They had to pull bones back in place, ketamine sedation and stuff. And taxes today.

This weekend sucked.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
I Not-Ottered at UC Wilder yesterday--rode for 5 and a half hours on perfect dirt, dropped a buttload of my favorite trails, and gave trail directions to a bunch of lost people. Hiked Pinnacles today for the first time--wildflowers, birds, crazy rock formations, etc., then got stuck in Sea Otter traffic on the way back home. And just now one of our friends called us to come pick up her and her husband's bikes at the emergency room because she broke her wrist. I need to go to work tomorrow to get some rest!

Reactions: NorCalTaz

·
Ride On!
1,037 Posts
High - Great ride out in Granite Bay and exploring some new trails.

Low - Master link breaking on my chain heading back No extra:madman:

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
What happened this weekend? ... inquiring minds want to know! :skep: highs and lows youtube - Yahoo Video Search Results

*pics*

Another killer weekend for me! Life is good eh?
Overall, I had a blast

Lows: I was planning to drive down to SOC and arrive Friday afternoon... with enough time to get a short, gentle spin ride in before dinner. My car had other plans for me. I loaded it up with my bikes, camping gear, food, etc., started driving it down from Oakland. I made it as far as Fremont when the alternator went out. I drove the car back to Oakland on battery power. I searched desperately for a replacement alternator. I found Alternators Unlimited had the 120 Amp alternator from a V6 Audi A4 to replace my 90A alternator in my 4 cyl Audi A4. This wasn't an Audi problem, per se. My car has 190k miles on it, so it was due to die.

The shop said it would be a direct bolt in fit. Well, that wasn't exactly right. The electrical plug was different and the threaded mounting bolt went in the opposite way, which would have required that I take out my radiator to get enough room to install it. I managed to hammer out the threaded bushing and reverse it, and hacked the electrical connector to make it work. I started rolling down at 10:00 at night. I arrived at 12:30. At least I made it. Whew!! Heh... I still have the stator wire hooked up with a wire nut and electrical tape. I have to go back in and put a proper automotive style connector in there. Still, that shop totally saved my bacon. Nobody else had it in stock. I was about to rent a minivan from the airport to go down.

On the plus side, I won a killer set of bling hubs from Project321. Sweet! I chose a silver singlespeed rear with a silver Lefty front, 32 hole with a blue Lefty center cap. Super Sweeeeeet!

I found some good deals on tires... although I'm pretty flush with tires right now. Some other things as well. I got a Beef Schwarma plate, which was good. On Sunday I got the TriTip standwich, but that was pretty terrible. The beef was dried out and drowning in bad BBQ sauce. I didn't bring much of anything to cook myself. Most years, I bring food and don't end up cooking it, then it goes bad, so I started thinking I was going to pass on cooking. I wish I had my own food this year.

As you all know, the CAT2 start was all screwed up. I lined up on time, and had a good race, but many riders did not, and got screwed by some bad signage, bad info from the race officials, and bad info all around.

I ended up finishing 23rd out of 35 racers in CAT2SS with a time of 2:18:22, which is good for me. I'm usually DFL, or almost DFL. I guess riding the Singlespeed almost exclusively for the last six months is sorta paying off.

So, I had a good few days of drinking beer with my friends, I slept really well in the back of my wagon, won some really expensive hubs, and I had a good race.

Yeah, live is good.

Ugh.... At the end of it all, I just threw stuff in the car and GTFO of SOC. I still have to unpack, but I'm zonked. I gotta just HTFU and do it.

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,956 Posts
A good weekend it was!
Only low was running out of Buffalo Trace Bourbon. :eekster: :eekster:

This Friday...

Life does not suck.
Hope you got sum too!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
It's that magic time of year when you can find good skiing and biking at the same time, also finding Tahoe is already mostly open if ya got a fat bike.

First trip up to Monument pass

Great Corn skiing to be had right now also

·
Uncle
4,294 Posts
Highs: Came out far enough from under a chest cold to finally get some riding in. Hit local dirt Friday morning and again Saturday afternoon. Wasn't anything noteworthy at ~1500' & 12mi per ride, but the pace was strong enough to know I was doing much needed work. Finally rolled up the new bike path on the East span Bay Bridge, and on the tandem with wife no less (our annual tandem ride it seems). So three days in a row pedaling makes for three good days.
Other high: I didn't drive in any traffic this weekend. ;)

Pimpy, nice score on the hubs!

·
Registered
302 Posts
No lows for my weekend other than being tired. Saturday I passed the physical test for the sheriff's department getting me another step closer to a law enforcement career and Sunday I got to go for a ride with a new friend on almost perfect trail conditions.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts