Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five of us played hooky Tuesday and rode the Highline trail out of Christopher Creek. Left one car at CC and another at the top of Rim Road (FR300). 60 degrees, clear blue sky, and some very sweet 1-track!

Highline Pics

RHRF!

·
recovering roadie
606 Posts
Cool pics - that Highline trail is good fun. I've taken to riding it as an out-and-back from See Canyon TH in recent years.

Anybody ever ridden Highline west of See Canyon to Washington Park? Any good?

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
Very nice .. how long was the ride ?

Be sure to stop in at The Landmark in C-Creek when your done. I'm a silent partner ( a highschool buddy owns the place and I get to sit silently at the end of the bar and drink for free ) and they make an awesome Pizza Burger.

·
RHRF!
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Highline Ride Time...

We don't like to push it due to the multiple technical sections throughout the ride � you even have to save some power for very end. We had a 'newbie' along and two other riders that had never been before, so it took us about 3.5 hours to go the 12.4 miles (all of the riders were over 40!)

I don't remember if the Landmark was open but CC is virtually a ghost town now that 260 is routed around it...

Ziv

·
Banned
7,967 Posts
yes it has turned into a ghost town.. we had a trailer in the area next to the Creek Side cabins until about 2 weeks ago. Someone bought out the land to build timeshare condos and we were kicked out. I hope the new resort brings some business to the town. the local merchants are really suffering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.