Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my boyfriend and i are coming to fruita for 5 nights oct. 4th the 9th which campground is better for tent camping, we just want somewhere nice with showers, which has more privacy and is best getting to the trails........

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Highline - probably more privacy and less feeling like you are camping in the middle of town.

James M Robb - More of a central location to the three main trail networks (Lunch Loops, 18rd, Kokopelli). Can walk or bike to restaurants, etc....

I would probably camp at Highline if it was me.

If you look at this map, what you won't see is a couple gas stations, a mcdonalds, a wendy's, etc.... that would also be ON the map.
http://mappery.com/map-of/Fruita-Area-State-Park-Map

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,440 Posts
Highline. Further to Lunch Loops, but closer to Rabbit Valley. It's about a wash (compared to Cobb) when going to Koko or 18-Road.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
camping fruita

so what are the tent sites like at James Robb according to the map it just looks like there is a bunch of tents in a field??

·
Captain Slow
18 Posts
Cement benches, pebble filled tent pads, bathrooms, views of the local truck stop (smells too) - go to Highline and enjoy the peace and quiet.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,440 Posts
Don't forget the endless generators running on the road maggots. Of course they kind of blend in with the I-70 noise... :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts