Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering when the new Turner distributor here in Germany, Toxoholics, told me, that the Highline frame will no longer be available, even in the states...

could anybody verify that?

or is this a point of no return and we can expect a total new concept?

Let us know, Dave

THX

Chris

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,553 Posts
I think it's a marginally longer top-tube, the slightly different (and probably better) front derailleur cable routing and the better colour on the '06's.

What's the closest mountain, Highland?

·
fried stuff with cheese
1,293 Posts
6thElement said:
I think it's a marginally longer top-tube, the slightly different (and probably better) front derailleur cable routing and the better colour on the '06's.

What's the closest mountain, Highland?
Got it all sorted out....It was funny you brought that up as I was suspicious of the cable routing. When I ordered it there was no mention that it was an 06.
Turns out the only frames left are the front triangles from 06-07 that they pulled the rear ends off for warranty replacements. So...I have a new 06 front triangle powder coated semi-gloss black with the rear end and shock from the 08.

Highland is 15 min from my house.....and so far I've only ridden there four times. Three after they first opened and once prior to opening after doing some volunteer work for them. Out of the four times, I left hurt three. We'll see how much more trouble this bike will get me into.

I really want to get down to Diablo this season. I've heard it has a lot more variety than Highland. Highland is super fun and they do a better job than anyone I think on building their trails. My only issue with it is that the first year they were open they were strictly an expert only place. Everything in there was huge. Over the last two seasons they've added two beginner trails and a beginner skills area. I've only ridden one of the beginner trails on my trip there last year and it was really fun. I can run that trail and their intermediate trail top to bottom without issue. I've run all of the other trails (3) but have to ride around most of the stunts and drops. I'm hoping to get some of them locked down this season though.

Another place I really like, although I don't need a Highline for it, is Killington. They have over 30 trails and they are all really long. A typical day there has us getting over 20 miles. I think one run we do there is over 3 miles top to bottom. Super fun flow in the woods to nasty rock gardens. None of the big built up stunts that you find at Highland though.

Ok - I'm off to drink rum out of my headtube.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
airwreck said:
reminds me of how the RFX had to take a break(and then a rename) for a few years.
:)
Worked for me, I could never quite deal with the 6pack code, I like a Rigger myself so the RFX brought me to the dark side, which is way cooler;)

I hate to see the name drop too, it has so much history, I love history it adds to the methology of the model something severely lacking in mtb, one thing Ive always loved about road bikes, passion for a certain
model, the name the history even the paint can be legends, I'm sure that why allot us love our Turners not because of what linkage they have, just saying again:lol:

Rigger

:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.