Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta wait for knob. Maybe he had a few too many?

I was way too busy having mucho fun to take any pics. Freegin' bike pedals almost as well, with inferior shock and all, as my RFX. The added weight was noticeable, but I'm willing to give up a few beers to ride this thing all day! It cornered like no other bike I have ever ridden and basically threw all of my presumptions out the window. Although, and who would expect otherwise, it was slow in the flats. Some light'ish parts, new shock, and a good fork overhaul, could help. I think I'm gonna try and get some shuttles today. You guys down?

Thanks so, so much PJ!

For everyone else, here's a little test. How many bikes are shown in this pic?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
It's a trick question. It looks like there are only two bikes that are Turners, so the answer is two! :D

My question: How many floating beverages are in the tree? :p
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bond007jms said:
It's a trick question. It looks like there are only two bikes that are Turners, so the answer is two! :D

My question: How many floating beverages are in the tree? :p
Ha...nice!

There is enough residual spit and alcohol in that tree to keep the ants busy for a few years:thumbsup:
 

·
7MGTE
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
I think I'm gonna try and get some shuttles today. You guys down?
Somebody say shuttles! :) I think most of the DH boys went north to the TP due to the snow from the other day. I guess a few heads were up there yesterday and said they could only ride some of the lower stuff.

We did OG south from the top last week it was pretty cool. I am sure you rem it from back in the day Bry.

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Dyna and Pj...do you know where these pics taken?:eekster:
SICK!!!!! Nice job Bryan :thumbsup: I think you are the only one I know who has cleaned that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
supramk388 said:
Somebody say shuttles! :) I think most of the DH boys went north to the TP due to the snow from the other day. I guess a few heads were up there yesterday and said they could only ride some of the lower stuff.

We did OG south from the top last week it was pretty cool. I am sure you rem it from back in the day Bry.
Lets hit it! Give it a few more hrs to dry out and I'm good to go. We could always shuttle Sweatin Bullets or 10k faulty. I wanna ride this bike some more.:D Mmmmmm...Graveyard:thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
supramk388 said:
SICK!!!!! Nice job Bryan :thumbsup: I think you are the only one I know who has cleaned that.
Needed some revenge! The last time it took me out pretty bad. Just starting to get over the knee problem from that accident a year later. I hadn't even attempted it since.

Your turn.:D
 

·
7MGTE
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Lets hit it! Give it a few more hrs to dry out and I'm good to go. We could always shuttle Sweatin Bullets or 10k faulty. I wanna ride this bike some more.:D Mmmmmm...Graveyard:thumbsup:
Sounds like a plan and I am always down to get the big bikes out for sure but still having car trouble. I am pretty sure I can not get that car up to Einsteins to meet you in time.

Mtn. Biker123 said:
Needed some revenge! The last time it took me out pretty bad. Just starting to get over the knee problem from that accident a year later. I hadn't even attempted it since.

Your turn.:D
Man anyone who knows that spot knows that is a hell of a shoot you cleaned. Man I freaked last year when you did it (well you know) and I saw the aftermath. My turn :eekster: can I take the Jedi?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
supramk388 said:
Sounds like a plan and I am always down to get the big bikes out for sure but still having car trouble. I am pretty sure I can not get that car up to Einsteins to meet you in time.
I could probably swing down that way if I knew we could get a few more peeps involved.
 

·
Bandolero
Joined
·
2,438 Posts
Assault and Battery

pjlama said:
Pics? I need visual proof of the assault on my HL...
Just having Mtn. Biker123 on your riding your bike should make you want to CL it as soon as possible.

Assault


Battery


Threatened violence
 

·
"I'm just a patsy"
Joined
·
54 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Dyna and Pj...do you know where these pics taken?:eekster:
can't place it for sure - but you need to lead the way :p . i'm guessing your big smile is due to either: 1. cleaning that section on such a wicked machine, or 2. because you just downed a Tecate (your pack is open as evidence :D).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Whoa!!! Is that right there in the parking lot? I've looked up there wondering if anyone has done that.
The pictures sort of flatten it out. That F-er is steep!
 

·
7MGTE
Joined
·
1,708 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, pretty sure that I knew it too. I owed it to myself to give the RFX another shot. What really did it was Angel Fire. The RFX was overwhelmed at high speed. I guess I noticed it at Paj and some on North Course too, but I was still able to maintain.

A lot of what you said rang true for sure! I just was not able to make the commitment financially or mentally back then. The ONLY reason that I am able to do it financially now is because PJ made it impossible for me to say no..thanks for that! I would not even know what I was missing had I not taken the opportunity to ride it for the day. That's all it took. Pretty sure my mind was made up at that point. It's a sweet ride.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top