Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day one of an annual bike to Panorama, BC trip with my old club. The Highline is AMAZING! This is a steep roller that you can't see until you are over the rock. It freaks out a lot of the group who are used to seeing where they are going. We have a week here including a day at Kicking Horse. Much Fun.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,469 Posts
Nice work there on the manager! :thumbsup:
What the pictures don't show is the run-out, which is a 2' wide, 2' high ladder bridge with a corner about 12' after the tranny. Apparently many people clear the roller, only to sail off the ladder bridge and into trees/rocks.

An aquaintance did exactly that on friday and got 23 stitches on his knee- despite wearing DH pads.

If you want to see steep rollers, go check out Larvacide in Squamish.
Oh and you'll have to climb for it.
;)

 

·
Pivoteer
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
FM said:
Nice work there on the manager! :thumbsup:
What the pictures don't show is the run-out, which is a 2' wide, 2' high ladder bridge with a corner about 12' after the tranny. Apparently many people clear the roller, only to sail off the ladder bridge and into trees/rocks.

An aquaintance did exactly that on friday and got 23 stitches on his knee- despite wearing DH pads.
Strange, there were 3 of us that knocked out the Manager. None of us had any issues with the runout. Check out 30 seconds in

 

·
Just roll it......
Joined
·
7,621 Posts
tiSS'er said:
Strange, there were 3 of us that knocked out the Manager. None of us had any issues with the runout. Check out 30 seconds in
Manager's zero problem for him.... he hucks it. It had rained 2 days straight and the entire upper mountain was covered in muck (manager was closed). Our buddy was forewarned about the fast ladder section after the manager, but elected not to listen. Now, he's got 26 stitches in his knee.

EB
 

·
mr. wonderful
Joined
·
879 Posts
FM said:
Yeah... also looks like you guys hit it while it was dry.
Which is actually pretty rare for BC. (over 20 days of rain last year in July alone!)
So... consider yourselves lucky!
Yeah, but we also had a week of dry following a bunch of other weeks of dry. The wood and rocks were nice and dry, but the dirt was dry, dusty, and kinda chewed up. I would have loved some moisture and tacky dirt.
 

·
Lay off the Levers
Joined
·
10,127 Posts
Great stuff folks keep it coming!

Mmmm I love steep rollers.

Diablo this past Friday... "Stigmata"



You should see the steep chunky stuff you have to make it through to get to this!
:thumbsup:
 

·
Build More = Ride More
Joined
·
1,442 Posts
Bikezilla said:
Mmmm I love steep rollers.

Diablo this past Friday... "Stigmata"



You should see the steep chunky stuff you have to make it through to get to this!
:thumbsup:
That looks way steeper in that pic than others! :eek:

The thing about rollers. It's harder to balls up and go than it is to actually ride it out. I've had a lot of ohh poop moments only to come out with clean tighty whities.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top