Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Highlands this weekend for a Club Managers Workshop and was looking for some trails...

I have hiked in Panthertown Valley before, and I see that some of the trails are listed as "biking" trails. Any good loops to cobble together?

Anything else in that area?

thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Other than panthertown, not much in the area that is bike friendly. WCU has some trails, however that is around 50+ minutes away.

Panthertown is a pretty awesome place. I have backpacked there, but never biked. I have hiked on some of the biking trails and they look fun. However, most of the trails weren't really built around mtb. Think fireroads with some nice rock gnar here and there. I think there are some sections of singletrack IIRC.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You can get about 12 miles of riding in at PTV. There are some pretty cool waterfalls accessible on bike. If you use Avenza PDF maps app, there's a 2017 USFS map you can buy for a few dollars. All bike trails are on MTB Project as well. Combining decent loops here is hard. About half of the stuff is out and back unless you're up for a massive grind on old forest roads.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7032805

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.