Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some help from owners. Will a bike (or 2) fit inside a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot upright with the front wheel removed? Or do I need to look at a bigger SUV?
Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bikes fit great on top of or behind a Pilot.

Inside is a bit tougher. You'll probably have to remove/lower the seat and even then there might be some contortion going on.

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's not what you asked about but sometimes I take my wife's RAV4 to work to go for a ride after work. I can store bike inside of car so no one can touch it, play with it and take parts. Mine is medium 29er and I can put it in without lowering saddle or take front wheel out. Just put it in, strap it so it doesn't move around and go.

Anyway, it almost feels like more you pay, less utility and space you get.

Check this for picture.
http://forums.mtbr.com/car-biker/does-your-mountain-bike-fit-travel-your-car-587136-6.html

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
We have a Pilot...haven't tried much with the bikes. But I can fit my 21" Rockhopper 29er with the front tire removed in the back of my CRV if I fold up the 30% section of my rear seat.

Get a Honda Fit, you can "Fit" two bikes upright w/o front tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.