Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the highest rise carbon 31.8 bars for AM/heavy trail use? My current bars are cut to 650mm (25.5"), but I'll probably try wider. Right now I'm looking at the Easton Monkeylite Carbon XC (27" wide) or DH (28" wide). I suspect that the XC would be strong enough for my use, and I probably wouldn't need to cut it down. I plan to use a Thomson X4 stem.

Any really good deals now?

I'm mostly thinking carbon since I found the damping noticeable on my Easton carbon road bars, but if there are decent Al bars with higher rise than the Eastons, I'd look at them.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the titec pluto comes in a 31.8, 2" rise, 690mm width. there are a few al bars that are over 2" rise and just as wide or wider. again, the titec el norte line comes in a 2.25" rise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Canadian Carbon

You might take a look at the Race Face Next XC Riser in 31.8, it has a 1.5 rise, a very comfortable rise/sweep, 26in width and is damn near indestructible for trail/light freeride. Make sure and look at the XC and not the SL, SL only comes in 25in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.