Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
trying to ride
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering some 5.10's tonight. I want the low's for the look but highs for the ankle support. Do the highs actually provide better ankle support or should i just go for the lows?

Thanks
Adam

·
Living the High Life
4,533 Posts
They'll also add ankle protection. I had my bike land on my last year and my pedal hit my ankle, the high top saved me from a serious injury.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Took a digger recently on a jump that I got a little nose heavy and leaned out on and had my inside foot out. As I was laying the bike down my foot hit a root and took all of my body weight straight on the heel. I bruised my heel to the point of not being able to walk on it for a few days and slightly twisted my ankle. If I were wearing the lows there's no doubt in my mind that my ankle would have been severely sprained or broken.

·
trying to ride
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
combatkimura said:
Took a digger recently on a jump that I got a little nose heavy and leaned out on and had my inside foot out. As I was laying the bike down my foot hit a root and took all of my body weight straight on the heel. I bruised my heel to the point of not being able to walk on it for a few days and slightly twisted my ankle. If I were wearing the lows there's no doubt in my mind that my ankle would have been severely sprained or broken.
Man, sorry to hear about your wreck.. I've sprained my left ankle before un-clipping on the left side. They said is was a "level 3" sprain and I sure don't wanna do that again !!

I ordered the High tops !! I figure I can always loosen them up if the top is too tight. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.