Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a pair of High Roller 2.3 folding tire,are they slow rolling? Or should i just buy one and run it with My Kenda Ex-Cavator that I am running now.Thanks i forgot it's for wet to dry forest in Northern Cal.

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
Sorry brillantesdv, I've found the HighRollers to be neither high volume nor fast rolling - but stellar all around grip. This is for the 60 durometer versions tho. The 70 durometer will have less grip and roll faster. The 60d's are quite good in the wet.

Spongstick, what are your goals, riding style, terrain etc.?

P

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
by high volume im talking about 2.3 and above.

i was referring in comparison to the Minions as they all come in 2.5 as does the HighRoller. yes we all know maxxis 2.5 isnt really 2.5, but it is they're high volume range.

so compared to the Minion 2.3's and all the other 2.3s in the Maxxis range, they are the fastest rolling.

now...compared to the XC tires in Maxxis' line up, i couldnt tell you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I bought a used Enduro SL this summer and it had those crappy specialized tires on it. I put a set of 2.35 High Rollers on the bike and wow! The SL is a beast of a bike to pedal compared to my Racer-X, so I can't really comment on the rolling resistance, but it doesn't matter to me because the downhill is awesome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.