Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
*headslap*

Rule No. 1 of MTBR, don't comment about weather before a race (especially if you're not doing the damn race), else you'll face the wrath of ST/CO!!!!!!!!!!
Shouldn't you be writing your first draft of an A/C thread or something?

Wow, this potential weather change must screw up your plans for your camelback...

·
How much further ???
2,371 Posts
I've seen the Saturday high for Phoenix vary from 81 to 74 degrees depending on the news source. Meteorologists must be the only job where guessing and being consistently wrong is perfectly acceptable.

Reactions: razardica

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I don't know, better than sunny and hot... I did that Old Fashioned mt race last summer in the rain and I loved it... But then again it wasn't in the 40's
That was epic suck. I was fine while I was moving, but as soon as I crossed the line and stopped, I pretty much shut down. I think I had the beginnings of hypothermia creeping up on me.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I predict 80% chance that weather prediction will change on Friday.
Yeah. I see 46High / 32Low with 30% chance of rain. Scattered T-storms. Different from you 80%.

And Bart is spot on... We won't know the weather till Friday. The storm could roll in friday or wait till sunday. Or just be alot weaker than expected. I will just watch and expect anything from 70F an sunday to cold and rain. Heck if it rains I might do better if all the rest of the riders give up. I will not give up. Conditions may slow me down, but I will not give up.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
That was epic suck. I was fine while I was moving, but as soon as I crossed the line and stopped, I pretty much shut down. I think I had the beginnings of hypothermia creeping up on me.
It was probably due to the stopping more than anything. I was fine, but when I stopped I got cold. Solution is to not stop and keep moving. Plus pack gear just in case. The way I see it this a long ride and I am looking at roughly 6hrs ride time in good conditions. Given how long I will be on course I will pack gear to deal with it.

Hmm me thinks a show cap my be on my list of things to get. I remember DurtGurl from AES McDowells in 2012...

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah. I see 46High / 32Low with 30% chance of rain. Scattered T-storms. Different from you 80%.

And Bart is spot on... We won't know the weather till Friday. The storm could roll in friday or wait till sunday. Or just be alot weaker than expected. I will just watch and expect anything from 70F an sunday to cold and rain. Heck if it rains I might do better if all the rest of the riders give up. I will not give up. Conditions may slow me down, but I will not give up.
Yeah I'm going off of weather underground (check what they say)... I failed to look at other sites before I posted... and you are correct weather channel, accuweather all have a more optimisitic forecast...

like I said, whatever I predict or post is likely to not be true... don't ever take me to vegas and try to predict red/black on the roulette

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.