Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I can't believe that fork is still holding up to the abuse you dish out. I would have spent the money on an FSA K-force riser in the 31.8 size, and mounted it on a Z-1 light. :D X-mas is just around the corner, so I'll be sure to drop the hints to your girlfriend tonight when I see her. :eek:

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Tappoix said:
you guys just don't get it. How can he be so skinny but be so phat?

Cause he's the MAESTRO!
Sorry man, there are too many pocket protectors and protractors on this board for anyone to get your Beastie Boys reference. Perhaps you should talk about which rocker arms go best with a tubeless tire. Or which skewer matches up with the best headset.

Aqua's dream of a sub 30 pound bike was gone when he broke his 3rd FauxSpot front end. A carbon bar is his last ditch effort.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
Aqua's dream of a sub 30 pound bike was gone when he broke his 3rd FauxSpot front end. A carbon bar is his last ditch effort.
as long as you're down with the B-Boys, Dusty, then we're all good.

he could always switch back to lycra.....BWWAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Fockers!

OK first off, y'all just shut it!

El Chingadera:
It was my understanding that you were going to be sending me a nice pimpy, Marz fork for my Birfday. I keep yelling at my UPS guy, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

Secondly, I know this guy who knows Dumpy Buttocks. He told me Dumpy's secret to being SMOOVE. Or as Dumpy calls it, "SMOOVENICITY". I am now smoove.

Thirdly(is that aword?), 31.8? Sheeeyaright. A solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

STFU.

Attachments

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
Great purchase you did there!
I am running a K-force DH bar myself since May and must say I realy fell in love with this bar.First I had a weird feeling using the bar for jumps and drops but after a few rides the confidence is grown at me, I totaly thrust this bar now.It feels even stiffer than my old EA70 aluminiumbar but that could be the caused by the 31.8 diameter of the K-Force,too.

Have fun with it.

Later
RaD

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Aquaholic said:
OK first off, y'all just shut it!

STFU.
I can't WAIT for the photos of the broken end of that bar protruding through your cheek one of these days - hucking on a paper mache fork, with a carbon fiber bar? should be an interesting experiment to see which fails first, and how physically catastrophic it is for that lanky beanpole you call a body.....

;-)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Aquaholic said:
OHHHH NO...You didn't!
Just bite the bullet, get yourself a 5" Float @ 3.6 pounds, and a metal handlebar. Sure, you'll be gaining .2445592 pounds, but you'll be able to feel the trail and you get to keep your teeth!

Let's face it, your bike already weighs over 30 pounds, what's another 1/2 pound between friends?

·
Living the Dream
1,783 Posts
I saw your posts on riding a Jones Bikes. Did you like

his handlebar design? Did you try the sweeping ti handlebars? If so, how did you like em? I was thinking of ordering some for my singlespeed. Thanks

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
A couple of my homies have been using the KForce carbon OS bar for a year. No problems.

Keep an eye on a carbon bar and replace it if you see any defects. Otherwise they're stiffer and stronger than alu, pound for pound.

If anyone wants an Easton DH bar at 25.4 let me know. I have one sitting around since I went to OS.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
H-bars

Alpenglow said:
his handlebar design? Did you try the sweeping ti handlebars? If so, how did you like em? I was thinking of ordering some for my singlespeed. Thanks
The H bars are interesting. They worked well for me. But, I was skeptical before I tried them. Like shoes, seats, and, pedals...it's a personal preference thing. H bars are pricey, as you know. I would suggest you try them before you plunk down that kind of coin.

I just received these images last night from Jeff. The frame and "AquaTruss" fork are complete. It won't be long now!

Attachments

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
aqua. you need a "whats missing from this pic" thread too. ill go with a steerer tube. so what do i win?

you gotta be pretty pumped by now. the final days must be killin ya!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts