Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
I built a set of Hope Pro IIs with 729s this spring and have been punishing them ever since, great setup with no problems. They need a truing after last weekend in Whistler, but that will be the first time since I got them and they've had 7 days in the park and several Shore trips so far.

·
Canuckistan
131 Posts
Cant go wrong with Hope Pro IIs, I have a set of Pro IIs laced to single track rims, and have punished them for a good 3 months now. No problems whatsoever with the wheel set, its just as straight as the day I built them.

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
Lots of good suggestions.

I have always been a fan of DT Swiss/Hugi hubs. Some don't like the ratchet engagement, but I don't mind it. I am running FR 440 hubs laced to 823 with db spokes and brass nipples. Wheels are amazing. Awesome bearings, Ti cassette body and quality craftsmanship.

My new build is something a bit different. Just got my Profile MTB hubs and 721 rims. Waiting for black brass nipples (due tomorrow) so I can build them. I am really impressed wiht my Profiles on my SS DJ. The crasmanship are simply amazing on them. Plus the engagement is one of the best around.

Black hubs, silver rims and black spokes..

·
Registered
178 Posts
after two and a half years of hard riding my hadley 32's on 729's just got rebuilt. the front was fine but i replaced it any way. i laced up the same hubs on new 729's with DB spokes. these wheels are awesome. they handle anything i throw at them. big jumps, 30' drops, and nasty rock gardens

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
I have Chris King F + (135)R on 729's with DT Pro-lock and Revolutions. Awesome wheelset!!!

So pleased with them, really smooth, love the sound, and rock solid! Best wheelset i've had hands down.

G

·
I run Kings and 823's, great wheelset.

I got my Kings in 2004 and since then the only maintenance done on them is a little Phil Woods oil ever 6 months, which takes all of 20 minutes to do. They have been flawless for 4 years, 3 wheel builds and have been on 4 different bikes.

Kings may be soooooo 2005, but if you bought them in 2005 you wouldn't need to even think about new hubs until sometime around 2015:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.