Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
Anyone out there do the Dawn to Dusk in Gallup? Despite the cold, windy and at time snowy weather, itwas awsome! I didn't get to ride, as I had to organize the race, but we had over 100 riders from the four corners states. The main reason for the race was to get the course ready for the High Desert Screamer MTB Race which is May 22nd, starting at 11:30 am. It is part of the Squash Blossom Classic. Check out the website www.squashblossomclassic.com. There will also be a Half Marathon & 5K trail run, a road crit, road sprints and a downtown festival. The MTB and Road Races are ACA sanctioned and all have cash prizes in addition to Native American Art Prizes. Registration is at www.active.com. We have worked our tails off on the High Desert Trail and I haven't heard any complaints yet about the 23 miles of beautiful fast, and in sections, very technical, single track. And let me mention again that you can win cash by riding it on the 22nd.

Anyway, thanks for reading my shameless promotion.

Charlie

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
Although I let the weather beat me down at Dawn to Dusk, I did have a good time. These trails are incredible! If you're a racer, the upcoming race sounds like fun (we can even watch the roadies the day before). If you're not a racer, and you like singletrack with huge vista views (think Fruitaish), then you have to get out to Gallup at some point to ride these trails.

scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.