Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nason, duncun, pyramid, mission ridge. Anyone know if these are under too much snow still?
Would like to ride the high country this weekend?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Entiat

A hiker's report as recent as this week said the ridge beyond Big Hill still has tons of snow and Shady Pass is not yet snow free. NOAA Mountain weather says the snow level will be coming down to 6500 ft in that area around July 4th. Pyramid is over 8000 ft. Combined, I'd say it won't be snow free until at least mid, if not late, July.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
It's always worth it to check the NWHikers.net (and WTA.org for that matter) page of trip reports and peruse the trail talk for news of snow levels and access to trail heads. We all share the need for that kind of info, including washouts, blowdown, and other closures.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good find on the nw hikers thread. I've been eyeballing that ride for a while now but things have not lined up yet to rally it. It looks like it is time! The little bit of snow up by rock mtn looked like it was off-trail. The snow has really dropped off over the last couple of weeks... I've been using the snowfields on Howard and Mastiff as seen from the Lake Wenatchee side as an indicator of the trail conditions up there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Please post more info if anyone does this from Rock Mt. Have wanted to get up there for a long time after talking with some of the Leavenworth riders. Don't have maps in front of me but curious how many miles you could do with a two car shuttle???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Was up on Kachess ridge this past week top side about 5000ft. Scanty snow barely. Trails dry other tha creek beds, flowers out!

·
Registered
248 Posts
https://picasaweb.google.com/mark29er/NasonRidge81312?authkey=Gv1sRgCNWcnu77qKKNEg#

Mondays ride at Nason from kahler east. East 10 miles is all horse and moto'd up bad. Past merritt conditions are better. Snow only at highest areas, no problems.
I would stay away from the east 10 miles. Going over snowy pass to merritt, or an out and back to rock lake whould be nice.
Trail is erroded in many areas where you could ride prior. A lot of brushed over areas. Rock mtn trail is very brushy and erroded. Stay_way from that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts