Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody tell me where i can get specs/measurements for the hifi deluxe?
having a hard time finding these numbers:

seat post diameter
seat tube diameter
bottom bracket width and diameter
stem/steerer diameter

if you can tell me any of them or where i can find them, thatd be a help. thanks.

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Yeah...give Fisher customer service a shout (email works). Most manufacturer's geo tables and specs don't include numbers like that. If you give Fisher a should, they will provide those numbers right away (at least they did when I asked them about the same stuff for my Cake).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Just curious, but why do you want them? I agree, your best bet might be to call Fisher CS. However, the steerer is 1 1/8" threadless, like all other new MTB's. And the seat tube dia. really isn't important if you know the seat post dia...

I'm guessing you're looking into upgrading parts on one... Why not have your LBS get you the numbers. That is, if they have one in stock. All the Hi-Fi's will have the same measurements for what you're asking about.

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
dnlwthrn said:
And the seat tube dia. really isn't important if you know the seat post dia....
Actually, the seat tube can vary greatly depending on the frame and tubing. My Cake uses a 34.9mm diameter front derailleur clamp with a 31.9 mm seat post. I would have assumed that I would need a 34.9 mm QR collar for the seat, but it actually takes a 34.6mm clamp.

I agree, though...the LBS should be able to get you the info for future upgrades just as easily as CS. In fact, sometimes they are a better source as things change from the spec sheets to the production bike you get....I know that for a fact based on the components that were actually on my bike. Spec said one thing and what was there, although the same "level" as spec, was different.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about the whole front derailleur clamp issue. Yes, in that case you'll need the dia. of the seat tube down by the derailleur, but I'm guessing its 34.9 like the Cake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.