Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anyone ever grab the hifi at the seatpost and the rear wheel and find a lot of play when you shake it side to side? I don't think its my wheel. I tried this on another hifi on the trail last night and his does the same thing. It feels like a loose wheel but its not loose. It also creaks like a pop can constantly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check them for what? I had them off recently to clean the squeaks out and put back together and the play is still there. They are tight enough. Could they be worn out? The play has been there a long time. I just ride through it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
jimonthecake said:
Check them for what? I had them off recently to clean the squeaks out and put back together and the play is still there. They are tight enough. Could they be worn out? The play has been there a long time. I just ride through it.
There should be flex but no play. Sounds like you've got worn bushings. My HiFi is pretty new, and there is play at the rear shock mount. Since it's so new it can't be wear but may be the DU bushing or the shock bolt is machined to the wrong dimension.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I'm on my 3rd swing arm. I wonder where I'll be this time when it breaks.
And I am about to replace the du bushings for 2nd time to take care of the up/down play.
The side play really sounds like a loose wheel but its not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts