Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Even though we're into July the long winter past still lingers in the alpine. We savored it a few weeks back but that was when it was still freezing at night. No longer so: Now it's a slushy mess where it hasn't become outright lakes and bogs.

Down in the valley our trail systems have at last emptied out because the sun is set to broil with scant shade on offer.

Which is why a few days ago we found ourselves exploring a new alpine zone out west in Utah.

We went in search of cool temps and greenery. We found those and so much more.

Camp that night at 10k' was exquisite, with wide open meadows, water gurgling from everywhere, birdsong filling our heads, and not another human in sight.

Driving out the next day was exquisite in it's own right.

Thanks for checkin' in.

·
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the pics! Care to share where you were in Utah?
Nope, not interested in sharing fine details.

I create these posts to inspire people to get out and explore beyond the beaten path. Giving fine details could feasibly (and quickly) turn this hidden gem *into* a beaten path.

·
Mtn Biker Machinist
1,298 Posts
Nope, not interested in sharing fine details.

I create these posts to inspire people to get out and explore beyond the beaten path. Giving fine details could feasibly (and quickly) turn this hidden gem *into* a beaten path.
Totally understand! Thanks for continually inspiring me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Like i said. Off highway does not mean off trail.

Will you confirm these are marked trails?

Why the sarcastic remark! Makes you seem a little guilty.

do you support mtb’ers cutting their own trails?

·
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Like i said. Off highway does not mean off trail.

Will you confirm these are marked trails?

Why the sarcastic remark! Makes you seem a little guilty.

do you support mtb'ers cutting their own trails?
What in the actual eff are you talking about?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
WHAT?! You *murdered* 3 innocent kittens?! WTF?!!!?
Here you go. Dont take this the wrong way but to some, It might look like you maybe needed an ego boost... so you posted pics of trails that you wont share with others. Claimed they will get wrecked if others know about them, then politely responded as above when asked if they are marked trails!

Since we have your attention. Would you also care to share with the readers your opinion on whether or not its a good idea to pay for advertising on the forum?

they are lovely pics!

·
17,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet about whatever it is, but please keep forum posts on topic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here you go. Dont take this the wrong way but to some, It might look like you maybe needed an ego boost... so you posted pics of trails that you wont share with others. Claimed they will get wrecked if others know about them, then politely responded as above when asked if they are marked trails!

Since we have your attention. Would you also care to share with the readers your opinion on whether or not its a good idea to pay for advertising on the forum?

they are lovely pics!
I'm very new here! I can tell you this guy does not need an "ego boost" as you put it. Aside from the fact that the guy knows his stuff, inside and out, probably more than a good portion of posters combined...

Well, his pics and words speak for themselves and we very much enjoy them.

It doesn't bother me one bit that he doesn't feel the need to share the location. The fact that he shares the pics is plenty of sharing and quite frankly he doesn't even have to do that.

Personally I really appreciate it.

He owes no explanation.

Fuse6F I don't mean any disrespect here but one minute you're talking about trail etiquette and the next minute you're talking about ads on the forum...a bit all over the place don't you think?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm very new here! I can tell you this guy does not need an "ego boost" as you put it. Aside from the fact that the guy knows his stuff, inside and out, probably more than a good portion of posters combined...

Well, his pics and words speak for themselves and we very much enjoy them.

It doesn't bother me one bit that he doesn't feel the need to share the location. The fact that he shares the pics is plenty of sharing and quite frankly he doesn't even have to do that.

Personally I really appreciate it.

He owes no explanation.

Fuse6F I don't mean any disrespect here but one minute you're talking about trail etiquette and the next minute you're talking about ads on the forum...a bit all over the place don't you think?
This all started when i asked if they were marked trails.
The OP has not yet confirmed that they are. Thats all.

Hey OP... are they public marked trails?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.