Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what an amazing trail. Straight up ten miles on Forest Service Road then ten miles down on mixed trail. Crosses the Appalachian trail a few times going up. Tops out a 3,450 feet. Closest thing I have seen to this ride is portions of Pisgah NC. Freakin amazing and hairy as hell.

Woody of Woodys Mt Bike in Helen says do not ride it alone! Lots and Lots of Rocks and lots of Bears primary concers-HE was right but I survived and will do it again. There are some parts of the trails with boulders in the middle and I thought these were to make the trail more challenging or more likely rock fall from the mt. Turns out Woody says the bears turn over these rocks looking for food so they end up in the middle of the trail. Portions of the trail look like they have not been ridden in years-I kept saying can this shi_ get any wilder! Well hell yeah it did. Great stuff. Unreal!

Stunning scenery and amazing riding. First pic is a brief description of the trail. I enjoy riding a few bikes but when it comes to deep woods and trails that demand no compromise-I reach for the Motolite! Did not let me down-solid as a rock. Hope you enjoy the pics. Hit this thing up if you are ever in North Georgia. I still have a huge grin on my face.:D

Supplies included:
160 0Z mixed liquids, mini tools, first aid stuff, gps, i-phone, mini pump, fruit, trail bars, Glock 45 caliber, two mags 20 rounds-thats about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Wick, that looks amazing. Nothing beats a ride in which you don't know if you will make it back alive. Great stuff.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vespasianus said:
Wick, that looks amazing. Nothing beats a ride in which you don't know if you will make it back alive. Great stuff.
So true- this may explain why I am still pumped up/estatic after 5 hours off the trail. It is definitely a high. The edge of not making it-one of the gifts of Mountainbiking.:)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No shots fired

13pumps said:
looks like fun. did you use the glock?
No but damn glad I had it. Would not do it without it. Once I got deep into it-out came the ear buds and ready to go:D

·
Live Dirty!
114 Posts
Wick said:
No but damn glad I had it. Would not do it without it. Once I got deep into it-out came the ear buds and ready to go:D
Wuss! You're not really hard core unless you can show us pictures of dead bears! :p

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bikerbob

Bob-thanks for the answer. I did not think they could hydroform the exo. I will try to fix my PM service. Funny you pulled up the Hickory Nut Trail thread. I just rode that thing for the second time last weekend. An amazing ride. Felt just as fortunate this time to make it out alive.:D It was a little easier this time recognizing the landmarks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts