Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying one for my wife but I have to admit I'm pretty ignorant about how it rides and such.
I live in France where Titus is not too common, so any $0.2 is welcomed. She rides occasionally but when she does we oftentimes go to the alps for light shuttle runs but also long slow-paced rides together.
I feel like it's the right bike for her as she is rather petite: 5'3''

·
Registered
275 Posts
XS Motolite brings grins to my WF

My small in stature wife has had many an XS Titus, 2 RacerXs, Loco, Quasi, and now a Moto-Lite. Her thoughts on them.
Racer X was a great short travel bike, 2nd generation (post 2002) was a significant upgrade, pedals great, climbs well, very good descending manors, but limited travel.
Loco, was around for a long time, know as Squishy, for it's pedaling behavior. With 4" up front and 4 1/2" in the rear she loved the added suspension, it made her a better rider, it enabled her to confidently tackle more technical terrain.
Quasi, was an absolute failure for her. Way bigger standover than we had thought, and a seat tower than interfered with her ability to pedal. She never could judge the suspension, riding it was just too difficult, for her. (One of her friends owns it and loves it, but it needed a Pushed shock to work correctly for her)
Moto-Lite, she viewed the change from Loco to be minor. She acknowledged the improved pedaling efficiency, ( so it's not called Squishy II), but did not see a big jump in other performance. She says it hasn't made her a better rider. I think she may be a little quicker.
Her set up with a 5" fork and 5" in rear, and still gives her plenty of standover. She is only 5' but has very short legs, so the TT works for her and she has enough standover. She has been on it a year with no upgradeites but there are not a lot of options in this size for a 5" travel bike.

At 5-3 with normal proportions the ML would fit her like a glove. Titus builds top notch bikes and has a very good customer service reputation. I personally know two folks who had out of warranty issues resolved with not complaints.
Hope this helps HoJo

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a bunch for your time and help.
It really sounds like the perfect bike for her.

One more question though : does anybody know the actual weight of the frame and shock in that size?
Being petite she needs the lightest bike possible...

·
MTB SOCAL
1,456 Posts
ML is an awesome ride

As Rensho mentioned, I helped my friend Ly Ly build a XS moto-lite. She is 5'1" and the bike fits her well with a short stem. I think the XS ML would be an excellent fit for someone who is 5'3". The bike is relatively light and can be built up easily in the 25-26 lb range and lighter if you want. The nice thing about women's bikes is that the riders only weigh 90-120 lbs and don't have to be built up to withstand the pounding of a 175 lb person. I liked Ly Ly's bike so much, I ended up building one up for myself. I'll send her the thread and hopefully she can add her .02. I've attached a pic of her bike.

Attachments

·
No known cure
5,617 Posts
accident prone said:
I'm considering buying one for my wife but I have to admit I'm pretty ignorant about how it rides and such.
I live in France where Titus is not too common, so any $0.2 is welcomed. She rides occasionally but when she does we oftentimes go to the alps for light shuttle runs but also long slow-paced rides together.
I feel like it's the right bike for her as she is rather petite: 5'3''
My Girlfriend is 5'3" and rides a small ML. She uses a 90mm stem and 172mm cranks and it fits like a glove. I have the weight whittled down to 24.5lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vader said:
My Girlfriend is 5'3" and rides a small ML. She uses a 90mm stem and 172mm cranks and it fits like a glove. I have the weight whittled down to 24.5lbs
Superb bike, me likey!
That's exactly what I want for my wife,but she hates pink bikes....
:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.