Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Schweet. Your pedals look anorexic...Atomlab Trailkings? If so, they are even thinner than I thought. Did you build the wheels yourself? Any clue on the weight of it? Thought about a decalless fork?

Beautiful Black Market...but I repeat myself.

Tim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The pedals are Atomlab GI. I built the front wheel. It is actually the first wheel I have ever built. :) 27lb 8oz. The rear wheel is super heavy. I have another pimplite rim I am going to swap out for the pimp thats on it.

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
I love to see BlkMrkts. I like how the fork, brake and caliper are all "silver". I like the red nipples and red axle. You need to do the same on the back...Nice.

Which fork is that exactly? An air fork I assume? Less than 27.5lbs is light. Which TT tires are you running? Kevlar?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its actually right at 27.5 I just weighed it again. They are the folding bead kevlar tires. Te fork is a Float R at 80mm. I could probably lose another pound with a new rear wheel it is heavy.

Black Market Riot 22"
Black Market Bars
Black Market stem
Fox Float R 80mm
Riot stick seat post
S&M slim seat
Profile race cranks 6inch titanium spindle
S&M tuff man sprocket 28
Atomlab GI pedals
Atomlab pimp 9mm bolt on front hub
pimplite front
Atomlab SS rear hub 13t
pimp rear rim
tabletop tires
kmc 710sl chain
Duo Doyle grips
27lbs 8oz

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
Ok nice. I had to know how you got to 27.5lbs. Now I know. Ti spindle, Kevlar TT and a ~2lb lighter fork than my Argyle. Nice build.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
nice dude, i'm startin to get pretty close to having a mob built up. maybe done by this weekend... arrg...

·
GRAVITY IS GOOD
333 Posts
Oh, your the guy wanting to know about cranks right? Well the profiles would be killer on that ride. Get a small sproket, like a 25 tooth and run an 11 or 12 mini-driver in the rear, your MOB would kill. Check my user profile for a picture of my raw finish DJ with black profiles. Also the chrome would look killer too! Just my $0.02 worth.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
yeah i think i'm going to go the profile route. but i'm running a 1x9, so bmx cranks with a 32t blk mrkt sproket and lg1 with a 12-23 cassette in the back.

sorry about the hijack, just spreadin the blk mrkt love :)

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
Well I am always looking for a need to post an unwarranted gratuitous photo of my Riot:

08' Riot - 21.5" tt, horizontal drops
RockShox Argyle 318 - lowered to 80mm
Shadow Conspiracy Torrid cranks, 175mm
Woodman Bill SS rear hub, 36h, laced to Mavic EX721, DT spokes
Woodman Bill LTi front, 36h, laced to Mavic EX721, DT spokes
Deity bar
Tree splined 24t chainring, 1/8”
'We the people' integrated headset, 1-1/8”
Wellgo MG-1 Magnesium pedals
Thomson stem, 50mm
Thomson post, 27.2mm
BB7 manual brake caliper
Avid Speed Dial 7 lever
KMC 710 SL chain
Profile euro bb
12t Mosh 1/8" cog
Surely clamp
Shadow Conspiracy white cable
Kenda K-Rad tires, 26 x 2.25”
ODI lock-on BMX grips
Fly seat

I have a brand new Macneil SL seat waiting for the Ceneca pivotal post due in anytime...

·
"Carpe Diem"
211 Posts
euroford said:
nice dude, i'm startin to get pretty close to having a mob built up. maybe done by this weekend... arrg...

are those magura brakes? what size is that rotor in the front?

btw. nice ride, will you keep it raw or...?

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
teoz said:
are those magura brakes? what size is that rotor in the front?

btw. nice ride, will you keep it raw or...?
yeah they are Marta SL's. i'm running a 203mm in the front just simply so i can keep my bottlerocket and my mob running compatible wheelsets. i wanna be able to slap the urban tires onto the brocket easy, and the nobbies in case i want to run some 4x with the mob.

it came with a mat clearcoat from s&m, TOTALY keeping it that way! lovin it!

obviously, its not stayin normally with that front tire!

·
Trail Boss
122 Posts
your blackmarket it super sick, I have a riot also and i am thinking of getting it painted flat black.

build:
riot frame
argyle lowerd down to 85mm
deity bar and stem 25.4 pictured with truvativ holzfeller combo
profile cranks
profile sprocket
profile hubs
wtb laserdisk dh rims
kmc chain
macneal seat and post combo
avid juuicy 7 brake
now i am running 2.4 mutano raptors but there are holyroller 2.3's in the pic
heres some pics..

Attachments

·
Bikes Rule
1,133 Posts
PeterLucas - How so you like the rear Profile? I am thinking about the same one to replace my Woodman SS in the future. I would go with a 12t Ti driver. Any spacing issues with chainline? Looks awesome..

·
Trail Boss
122 Posts
I have had no problems with the chainline. I am not sure what it would be like with a mountain bike crank and bb set up. Its perfect with the whole profile setup. I would decoe
nd this hub to anyone that wants a great singlespeed park/dirt hub. Plus it sounds sicker than any other hub out there I think.

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
mesier said:
What do you think about using Riot with 24" wheels? Absolutely sucks or not?
lame. if you want 24's get something made for 24's!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts