Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. I have/ had an 07 Gary Fischer Supercaliber 29'er. Thanks to winter I broke it down to clean, inspect, and rebuild. Upon inspection I found a crack in the rear triangle. Off to the shop I go. Trek rep agrees it is cracked and they are replacing it with on 09 hi-fi. Thanks guys. I sure am happy for a new frame. Now I am thinking about it. Hi-fi's are described as "G2 geometry" and proprietary "custom G2 Geometry 51mm offset crown" fox forks. My existing stock fork was a Reba. That is what I have to replace it with. Now what?

Do I need the Fox?
Will the ride be all screwed up from the Reba geometry?
How will it ride with the Reba?

You get where I am going with this?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
jjmtb1 said:
Long story short. I have/ had an 07 Gary Fischer Supercaliber 29'er. Thanks to winter I broke it down to clean, inspect, and rebuild. Upon inspection I found a crack in the rear triangle. Off to the shop I go. Trek rep agrees it is cracked and they are replacing it with on 09 hi-fi. Thanks guys. I sure am happy for a new frame. Now I am thinking about it. Hi-fi's are described as "G2 geometry" and proprietary "custom G2 Geometry 51mm offset crown" fox forks. My existing stock fork was a Reba. That is what I have to replace it with. Now what?

Do I need the Fox?
Will the ride be all screwed up from the Reba geometry?
How will it ride with the Reba?

You get where I am going with this?
http://fisherbikes.com/faqs/

Scroll down the list. They mention your scenario.

Where did the rear triangle break? I have a Supercaliber and love it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It was there I just didnt know where to find it.

I cracked a weld around the rear side at the bottom of the tube that connects the aft side of the rear shock to the bottom bracket are. If that makes sense. I would just take a pic but the frame is gone.

·
Banned
960 Posts
your bike will ride fine,but your steering will be slowed,the trade off,more stable on big long downhills
theres more and more g-2 forks hitting the used market these days when you want to spring for a g-2 fork

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.