Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
yeah, i was there yesterday. :(
This has been the lamest year ever for DJ. First, no rain at all. Then bucketloads to much.
Haven't been on any of my bikes for weeks. When this rain stops, i'm going to go dig untill my arms fall off. :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, so much to learn my young Jedi.

First, the creek is dry in the summer and, only gets a moderate flow in the winter ( normally ) Being near a water supply is a plus.

Secondly, This place can be ridden an hour after it rains BECAUSE it's " creek dirt ". It is the only place going most winters.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Zach, I'll be up there by next weekend! Just in time to rebuild the nut and get you back on the bike! It is dumping rain right now, but I think I am going to go ride anyways. That is how we do it in the NORCAL!!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
BKRacer said:
Zach, I'll be up there by next weekend! Just in time to rebuild the nut and get you back on the bike! It is dumping rain right now, but I think I am going to go ride anyways. That is how we do it in the NORCAL!!
SSSSSSSSSSweet

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
BKRacer said:
man it is sprinkles here...trail in great condition...just got back from a run....very tacky and not to slow either...still running at a good clip

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
man it is sprinkles here...trail in great condition...just got back from a run....very tacky and not to slow either...still running at a good clip
Bobalu has no clue. For 6 months out of the year, our trail conditions are identical to yours. For about a month a year, it is to wet to ride. For the other 5 months our trail conditions are 10 times better than yours. ;) Notice the nice color of dirt, and how much is actually stuck to the tires. That's how we role for half the year. That desert $hit gets old after a while. We get the best of both worlds, not including the as$ load of trailz we get to choose from. :D

Attachments

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I like desert.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Shame on Zach for dissin' the desert. :mad: ...as long as there's not a lot of sand...and it's not too hot...and there's not too much dust. :D

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
TNC said:
Shame on Zach for dissin' the desert. :mad: ...as long as there's not a lot of sand...and it's not too hot...and there's not too much dust. :D
hey, i'm not dissing the desert. For half of the year that's what i ride. Wouldn't you like to ride wet tacky dirt for the other half?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea, I roled to the nut last week when all this crap started, and A tear came to my eye.

I just dig, which lately, I can't even do. I think I've forgotten how to ride a bike. Not that I knew how to ride one anyway.

Winter sucks. Rain sucks.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
zachdank said:
Bobalu has no clue. For 6 months out of the year, our trail conditions are identical to yours. For about a month a year, it is to wet to ride. For the other 5 months our trail conditions are 10 times better than yours. ;) Notice the nice color of dirt, and how much is actually stuck to the tires. That's how we role for half the year. That desert $hit gets old after a while. We get the best of both worlds, not including the as$ load of trailz we get to choose from. :D
I just like the Shiver Girl stickers....I need some.....you didn't see all the trails :mad: :mad:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,006 Posts
zachdank said:
hey, i'm not dissing the desert. For half of the year that's what i ride. Wouldn't you like to ride wet tacky dirt for the other half?
oh we do....I just drink to much then go watering the trails

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
thats crazy man, good looking dj spot those houses right there dont care if its there or anything nice people. i have been moving so much dirt lately but its gonna rain so i wont be able to for a lil because the wheelbarrow will destroy the grass it sucks but ill live

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Oh the humanity.

Hopefully the piles don't get too saturated to stay packed. Starting over is teh suxxor.

I'm curious to see what's up with our place. Mudslides and flooding everywhere.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts