Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon guys lets see your builds of the 575 25th edition. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see what you've all done. I should be getting my frameset soon and a bit undecided on how the build should commence, so I need some ideas. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
197 Posts
That is the 1st 25th Anniversary 575 that I have seen that I actually think looks good! Nice job cuthberm!

Not your issue, but man that King "Turquoise" HS and BB on those really didn't turn out very turquoise...looks more like the blue Fox uses to anodize their fork knobs...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have since upgrade to XTR trail brakes, which are exceptional:

But this is the single best thing I've bought for my bikes in 20 years, it has improved my riding enjoyment no end, Reverb post:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice lookin' bikes. I'm on the fence with what grouppo to go with, XX, XO or go with the XTR trail. The reverb will be on my frame as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a lucky bugger, LBS told me that this was the last L 25th frame that Yeti had in stock. Came built up as a complete bike but I'm gonna build it up much differently. I'm thinking that to make the frame stand out a bit more so I'll be using more black stuff. Black XO and black CK's for hubs/headset.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I couldn't bring myself to sell the turq fork so I lowered it down to 130 and built up this guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
What could match better this frame? A white fork or black?
I'm really considering on painting the original turq in those colors, or just sell it to someone that really likes that color...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
BP307 said:
I couldn't bring myself to sell the turq fork so I lowered it down to 130 and built up this guy.
Great looking combo!.
How is the 1x10 working for you?. Is it good enough for fast XC?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Works good for me. you would need to play with different chainrings to find what works for you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts