Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fart smeller
17,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There're Grouse Ridge rides this weekend. Thought you might like to be in the loop.

I'll post this in all the other forums, just in case.

Gary

·
Registered
681 Posts
Finch Platte said:
There's Grouse Ridge rides this weekend. Thought you might like to be in the loop.

Gary
there are?

Sabine

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ed, I'm planning on heading up early Sat. morning and coming back Sunday afternoon if you are interested in carpooling.

·
Medium?
6,724 Posts
Riding SS?

I don't know if I can get a family pass for the whole weekend, and I haven't been riding much, so I'm going to be slowish. I would like to go, though, so I'll pass it by the planning commission tonight.

I'm also going to have all the parts for my new roadie by Friday, so if I don't go, I've got stuff to do...

·
Old Guy that rides
183 Posts
more riding

Finch Platte said:
There's Grouse Ridge rides this weekend. Thought you might like to be in the loop.

Gary
There will be a bunch of us up in Downieville this weekend. How far is the Grouse Ridge ride from D'ville?

·
Medium?
6,724 Posts
Only about 10 miles

if you're a crow. Must be 45 miles on the road. I'd say it's about an hour, plus whatever time it takes to get up the dirt to the campground.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hadn't decided about the SS. Been spending more time on the gears, but mainly because I was waiting for a replacement fork on the SS which I got yesterday. I could be persuaded if I'm not the only one on a SS.

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Have fun.

Can't make it up this weekend, although I'm trying to finagle a N* run on Friday.

·
Fart smeller
17,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah.

Fast Eddy said:
edit: and are you riding that new SS?
Going (why doesn't that rhyme with boing?) up Sat a.m. w/ the usual gang of idjits.

Don't know how Zonic's faring w/ the SS- he keeps me out of the loop on that. :(

I want to take it, even if it's just so JFR can ride it. :D

Hope you kin make it.

fp

P.S. Don't tell Sabine.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Paging Ed...

Damnit Ed.....git yer arse up here! We got a whole keg og Sac IPA and we need yer help.....if you want to come up Fri Night you can crash at my pad...we are going up early sat morning....or you can meet us (me, jilm, jfr, fp) at hwy 80 and Bell Rd in Auburn @ 7:30am saturday.....either way....you will be there!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Had my first SS

ride yesterday....and loved it! BUT, I would never recomend an ss @ grouse ridge. It can be done....but....not recomended.

·
Registered
710 Posts
bigboulder said:
Had my first SS ride yesterday....and loved it! BUT, I would never recomend an ss @ grouse ridge. It can be done....but....not recomended.
I've SS'd up there before, just not sure that I want to do that this weekend since I just put a brand new fork on the SS. Give it time and you'll take the SS up there too.

I'm just looking forward to the technical riding that Grouse provides. Should be fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts