Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you re-mount a tire on a different rim and still run it tubeless(rims are flows and tire is purgatory grid ust)?

If a tire (tubeless ready maxxis dhr) burps (a significant amount of air), can it be used tubeless again or is it best to leave the emergency tube in?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The burping is just the bead pulling from the rim a little. May have been lack of sealant, pressure too low, or just an unusual circumstance.

Tire is perfectly good.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Can you re-mount a tire on a different rim and still run it tubeless(rims are flows and tire is purgatory grid ust)?

If a tire (tubeless ready maxxis dhr) burps (a significant amount of air), can it be used tubeless again or is it best to leave the emergency tube in?
Yes
Yes
No
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
If I have WTB Frequency Race i19, TCS (tubeless compatible system) wheels and WTB Prowler SL Race 2.1 tires, do I need a tubeless conversion kit or do I just need the tape, valve and sealant? Would I need a different set of tires?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
If I have WTB Frequency Race i19, TCS (tubeless compatible system) wheels and WTB Prowler SL Race 2.1 tires, do I need a tubeless conversion kit or do I just need the tape, valve and sealant? Would I need a different set of tires?
Non-tubeless tires on tubeless rims are hit or miss, but the TCS rims are specifically designed for tubeless and tubeless ready tires (TCS, TNT, TLR, 2Bliss, UST, etc.). Your best chance for success is using tires designed for this system.

I have set up non-tubeless CST tires on TCS rims and they worked well (even seated with a floor pump) but they had some pretty thick beads and casings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts