Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Nothing here
Joined
·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike Porn that is! Many thanks to Chad at Red Barn Bicycles for hooking me up with an amazing deal on the frame, fork, wheels, and many random parts. Awesome customer service I tell ya. Anyways, it seems to me that there is never enough bike pix to drool over so I'm going to offer mine to look at since it is finally done. I had reservations going to a 6" bike, but I will never look back to anything less (unless I'm pulling my kids trailer on the hardtail.). How does it ride? It absolutely rips on the neighborhood bike path, ha ha, I haven't had a chance to take it out on the trail yet as it is too wet and mucky right now, but so far it feels like it has a lot of snap to it.
 

Attachments

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
booty

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Niiice.

That bashgaurd is shhaawweeet! There goes another few $$$ into my Turner build... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Unknownrash said:
Thanks! It's only money. What else are you gonna spend it on? Food?
Hey Rash,
searches aren't getting any results on that bashgaurd...Dark Cycles...where'd you find it????
Tx,

JDub
 

·
Nothing here
Joined
·
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the Bash guard from Chad at Red Barn Bicycles. I was looking for the Race Face when he told me about this one. Glad I listened to him.

As far as the guitar I have a whole bunch of em with my favorite being a John Petrucci sig model from Ernie Ball/Musicman. Usually play lots of old school metal. Oh, wait sorry, this isn't the guitar forum now is it? :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Bike Porn??

Unknownrash said:
Bike Porn that is! Many thanks to Chad at Red Barn Bicycles for hooking me up with an amazing deal on the frame, fork, wheels, and many random parts. Awesome customer service I tell ya. Anyways, it seems to me that there is never enough bike pix to drool over so I'm going to offer mine to look at since it is finally done. I had reservations going to a 6" bike, but I will never look back to anything less (unless I'm pulling my kids trailer on the hardtail.). How does it ride? It absolutely rips on the neighborhood bike path, ha ha, I haven't had a chance to take it out on the trail yet as it is too wet and mucky right now, but so far it feels like it has a lot of snap to it.
Hey Rash,
Nice Specialized stem! Where did you get it?? I have been dying for one of those.

The rest of the components on your bike are just average. What are you calling bike porn?

ZR
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
why ya always gotta be so mean? new year, new tude perhaps? wheres the "one love"? did that record get scratched? why am i askin so many questions? is it possible to create a entire post without makin one single statement? does it matter? do i care?

nice build rash. real nice. nice rash el. real nice.

damn. missed it by that much!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Rash is my worst enemy!!!

cactuscorn said:
why ya always gotta be so mean? new year, new tude perhaps? wheres the "one love"? did that record get scratched? why am i askin so many questions? is it possible to create a entire post without makin one single statement? does it matter? do i care?

nice build rash. real nice. nice rash el. real nice.

damn. missed it by that much!
Actually, I just rode today with rash. In fact, the last 100+ rides have been with rash and I am tired of his crap. He is the only guy I know that would put Korean made tires on a "made in USA" bike. Sometimes I wonder why he buys all these Korean tires.

The "one love" is lost in the ipod.

PS I am still looking for that Specialized stem!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
Mean??

cactuscorn said:
why ya always gotta be so mean? new year, new tude perhaps? wheres the "one love"? did that record get scratched? why am i askin so many questions? is it possible to create a entire post without makin one single statement? does it matter? do i care?

nice build rash. real nice. nice rash el. real nice.

damn. missed it by that much!
See, rash was showing his bling and I do not blame him. His pak is like the mother of all bikes.

So, one guy moons you with duck tape on his a$$. The latino albino shows his road rash bloody a$$ to you, and I am meam for wanting a Specialized stem?

WTF?
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
yer right rasta. its woo we should gang up on pal. that was just uncalled for wasnt it? sorry, i didnt get that you were just razzin rash. happy new year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
I love you cactus corn!!!

cactuscorn said:
yer right rasta. its woo we should gang up on pal. that was just uncalled for wasnt it? sorry, i didnt get that you were just razzin rash. happy new year.
Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we can go riding first thing 2006.
 

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
Joined
·
12,942 Posts
i gotta open the friggin shop. and here i sit, new years eve, typin like a moron instead of bein out and about, takin care of a sick girlfriend, trails still too wet to ride. my life is hell. enjoy the ride. you know where to find me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,420 Posts
What kind of shop?

cactuscorn said:
i gotta open the friggin shop. and here i sit, new years eve, typin like a moron instead of bein out and about, takin care of a sick girlfriend, trails still too wet to ride. my life is hell. enjoy the ride. you know where to find me.
What do you sell????????????????????????????????????????????????
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
As other poster said.... the bike is terrific! Congrats!

But the real porn is behind the bikes... How you like that Engl and the Triple Recto?

Man... I'd sell my soul for a Hadley hubset.... that's if I don't sell my sould before for a Triple Recto (I have a V-Tiwn pedal and it rocks! Mesa is like the Turner of guitars)
 

·
I've got a Stiffee
Joined
·
913 Posts
Once you get her out on the trails you'll be in love, just like I was the 1st time I rode my Pack. I got even better when I put the 36 Vanilla on it, best bike I've ever owned and it does everything so well!!! Enjoy, here is a pic of mine since ours almost look like twins :D
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top