Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
At 6'6" I'd say it may or may not work for you, all depends on the proportions of your body and apendidge lengths. I'm 6'2.25", but have very long arms, 35.25" inseam and ride an XL Niner RIP9 with a 25.25" ETT (Cdale has a 25") and use a 120/0 stem and seetback post. But then there's guy also ridn ght same bike using a 100mm stem and straight post who are 6'4" and up :skep: If you really are a well proportion 6'6"er who is reasonably flexible I would say you'd prob do better with an ET in the 25.5"- 26" range.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Cannondale screwed up when they started making the Caffeine framesets smaller. Why? Don't know. Now the XL framesets only have 20.7 inch seat tubes meaning that even with a Thomson 410mm seatpost, a taller rider will be right at the minimum insertion line.

For a 6'6" rider, you would need a 140mm stem and Thomson 410mm seatpost. The ride would be fantastic though!

The old XL or Jumbo framesets featured 22 inch seat tubes and 25.xx TT's. I think they went to a smaller frame to make it stronger and lighter at the expense of pissing off taller riders.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bad ronald said:
You could always buy one of the NBA 29'ers if you are crazy tall. it will fit people from 6'6" up to and over 7ft tall. They have a really premium spec, but are definitely available for purchase.
What bikes are you talking about? I've never heard of a NBA 29er

·
Registered
826 Posts
beastwood9 said:
What bikes are you talking about? I've never heard of a NBA 29er
Lebron James had a 29er F29 made for him. Was that a One-Off bike? Or do they make those too?

Cannondale can make 65-66cm road bikes even though they are not listed in the catalog. It would not be too hard for them to weld up special caffeines with a little more TT and ST.

They do custom paint all the time, why not some frames for taller riders?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.