Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
C-Hog
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, RC. Did you notice... Some guy on a 29"er won the Ouachita Challenge last weekend. PUT A FORK IN THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I had been there... even planned on being there... [email protected]%* Pneumonia just sent 6 months of training right down the toilet. Oh well, like they say... There is always next year.

Way to go, Cameron!!!

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
With Cameron turning the cranks, at least this fad passes quickly :)

I'm sure RC is a loyal lurker on here and getting huge ego boosts from all of this commotion. At least we're riding the 29"er to enjoy it (Oh, sorry C-Hog, get well soon!)

·
Registered
981 Posts
RC and MB Action seem out of touch with any kind of non mainstream vibe like 29ers.

I stopped reading that magazine after their odd review on the KM and their silly changing of "freeride" to "black diamond".

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Not 29 but RC/MBA

Why doesn't MBA use the IS (international standard) of measuring bikes and parts.
It has taken me so long to get the metric system (I only use for bikes) into my head.
Usually I notice that frames and forks are measured in pounds and onces. Every other part is measured metrically.

With MBA I NOW have to convert wieghts back to the metric system so I can compare like parts' weights that are already stored in my head.
A tire that weighs 1 pound, 5.6oz doesn't help when I'm looking for a tire that only weighs just under 613gm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.