Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.
 

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
Joined
·
19,859 Posts
And...

VTT said:
What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.
...don't forget the Tour De France in the 'buy this product' thingie at the bottom of our posts. :rolleyes:

fp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,190 Posts
VTT said:
What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.
The live morning broadcast is best. Just Phil and Paul's familiar voices.
 

·
Lucky One
Joined
·
123 Posts
Al made the call

VTT said:
And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot.
Al made the call in the booth. He said it woudl be LA and Basso in the end and the other two acked as if he was crazy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
VTT said:
What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.
Record the live AM coverage. It is the better coverage.
Also remember what we had 10 years ago: Maybe 15 min of daily highlights (the finish) and a 1 hour weekend show.
 

·
Don't touch me!
Joined
·
775 Posts
And I thought I was the only one sick of Trautwig.

His segue's(sp?) are the worst. Bob needs to slap him upside the head and tell him to lay off the cheese. I remember this time last year everyone was complaining about Kirsten Gum. I think its poll time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Gum really needed to have a better good looking / anoyance ratio. She isn't in the booth now thank goodness. Just for the record I think she got breast implants.
I think it's th highly repeptitive commercial that put me in a bit of a bother. COverage is fine with me.
 

·
They say I have a problem
Joined
·
460 Posts
shiggy©®™ said:
Record the live AM coverage. It is the better coverage.
Also remember what we had 10 years ago: Maybe 15 min of daily highlights (the finish) and a 1 hour weekend show.
Exactly!!!

Been recording the morning broadcast since day one....That way we can fast forward through all the annoying commercials and any other annoying parts...

Rich
 

·
Am I getting too bulky?
Joined
·
800 Posts
rbart4506 said:
Exactly!!!

Been recording the morning broadcast since day one....That way we can fast forward through all the annoying commercials and any other annoying parts...

Rich
Ditto. I also record the daily prerace show. I watch the prerace show when I come home for lunch, and the "live" coverage after work. I think it's been terrific coverage. Thank you Tivo!
 

·
recovering roadie
Joined
·
606 Posts
Thank God Frankie's only on occasionally. I'm beginning to think he's retarded. Did anyone catch his butchering of "Domina Vacanze" in yesterday's coverage?

Oh yeah, and those BONE-trager wheels.

CraigH said:
Watch or record the live broadcast. Only Phil, Paul & occasionally Frankie.
 

·
Toby Wong?
Joined
·
1,307 Posts
you're kidding, right? Trautwig is super smooth compared to Bob "Finger-Globe" Roll's stuttering and butchering of the French language. He might not be Phil Ligget, but I'll take him over Roll anyday. "Tour de Frayynce"? Please Bob, stop it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
it could be worse

You could have Marv Albert --I think that is his name, yknow that cross dresser who covers the Knicks games

or... Where's John Madden...sitting on the side of the Tour with a giant BBQ

Or how bout the "The tour with the Giffords", Frank being caught with some French maid and Kathi lee telling everyone " Cody could beat LA"

Or....ah **** whats her name, the one with the fake face and lips, loud, very loud
she has a dughter that could be hot, but has her mothers face. I cant
remember her name now, fake blonde

Or.....what could be worse....anyone else
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top