Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well no it's not the Texas Rangers or the New York Rangers and not even Walker Texas Ranger. This ride is with the Rangers of the Army Corp of Engineers in Hopkinton NH. At 1pm on the 14th the Rangers will lead a short ride to show some of the workings of their flood control area. The Rangers put on several programs throughout the summer and a bike ride is one of them. This summer the Rangers have seen a lack of interest in their programs and are low on moral so lets give them a show of support.

As stated the ride with the Rangers starts at 1pm and is great for the whole family, there is swimming and a ball field and picinic are there for use. I would like to get a group together at 10am at Elm Brook Park on RT127 in West Hopkinton to do a slow and easy ride of the area so all can see what it's about.

So you think "what's so great about it". Well the Army Corps and IMBA have entered into an agreement to build singletrack multiple use trail and their property. The management area at the Hopkinton office consists of 10,000 acres...get the picture. I have been working with the local manager and have already started flagging a trail in the area of the dam on RT127. The Army Corps has been great to deal with. Once I have trails layed out and flagged I will get them mapped, designed and then go ahead with a proposal to the USACE. NEMBA is the main player for this project.

The 1pm ride with the Rangers will also meet at Elm Brook Park, I-89 north to Exit 6, left at the end of the ramp onto RT 127 south and it's a few miles on the left, look for the brown Elm Brook sign. It's 1 dollar per person with a maximum of 4 dollars per vehicle to enter the park.

If you can attend it would be a great help to all of us in the future and a great help to me.
Give me a PM if you have questions.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 - 1 of 1 Posts