Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey dokey...

Finally, the eagle has landed!

I went to the post office today.. Here is the scoop...

This is where it was all at:

This is Tacubaya new XC noodle fork, and it came in a very nice bag:

On seconds thoughts, I think that the bag came with the other fork, the 66 came in a standard plastic bag!

If you got tired of looking at the other pics of my wheels, here they are in full color!

Now, my AM SL 1 :) yeahh!!!

As a bonus, I have a bunch of extras, some nice DB grips (my Viento needs them), a chain guide, some Ruffian grips, but since I already have some Ourys, I might feel magnanimous and donate them to Ritopc :p On the DB, thanks Rito!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyway, I don't have any skewers for the rear wheel, I'm thinking I could use temporary the Shimano... But, how important is it to get a nice skewer? Could I just get a standard Giant one that Viansi sells?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Anyway, I don't have any skewers for the rear wheel, I'm thinking I could use temporary the Shimano... But, how important is it to get a nice skewer? Could I just get a standard Giant one that Viansi sells?
Yes... skewers are "vanity" items.

Some will be lighter, smoother action at the lever, etc... but all of them will hold the wheel in place like the most expensive ones.

I guess some people had broken the Titanium ones... steel ones are OK.

Just watch out for some Shimano ones with a chromed shaft... I guess they have been recalled as to be unsafe to be ridden. The ones with a black shaft are OK to ride.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
As a bonus, I have a bunch of extras, some nice DB grips (my Viento needs them), a chain guide, some Ruffian grips, but since I already have some Ourys, I might feel magnanimous and donate them to Ritopc :p On the DB, thanks Rito!
Donate them to me :D My grips are dying and the bar is poking out from them. :nono:

Now that everyone has their stuff I can stop restraining myself and say that the 66 is SICK
Its getting softer and softer the more I ride it. I cant imagine how it will feel when its broken in and it gets its first oil change.Rebound adjusting is also a blessing. Im not used to being able to adjust it, so I left it at what I thought was right. Ritopc recommended to open it a couple of turns more and it improved significantly.
Its made my bike 1000x better. It corners better, its slacker, it raised the bb a bit (no more pedals bashing). And although it is tougher to climb, it is way more comfortable, since the fork stays on the ground instead of wandering about. Plus, it looks more chic than the suntour :cool: Now I want to ride my bike more. Actually, ritopc and me rode yesterday with the friggin cold. It was very foggy and there was snow on some parts. I enjoyed it a lot, a big part due to the 66 making things smoother and more enjoyable.

Anyway, its perfect. Except for that naked top cap where my beautiful red knob used to be :smallviolin: Ahem rzozaya, are you sure that tacubaya's fork arrived with both knobs on?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
tacubaya said:
Take a look b1tches, i'm still speechless

Finally!!!!

Nice wheels and forks, congrats to both of you!:thumbsup: (though air forks and golden bikes are soooo ghey) ... btw, what is all that crap beside the 66? a beaver on a bike??? what is that???....

Good to know Sepomex did delivered. My wheel is being shipped tomorrow wiiiiiii

Enjoy.

ohhh 545, I remember yesterday you were asking about saints RD, I think they are going pretty cheap now (55bucks or so + 20 or so for the axle) if you are interested. I have no idea what price would give chad, but that is kinda price some websites have.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
What wheel did you finally order?
Pro2 32h ahem..gold, laced to Mavic d321 (aka EX729), champions 14g black. Not a lightweight but probably lighter than my current wheel (due to the hub, so not expecting any noticeable weigth difference riding).

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
ritopc said:
Pro2 32h ahem..gold, laced to Mavic d321 (aka EX729), champions 14g black. Not a lightweight but probably lighter than my current wheel (due to the hub, so not expecting any noticeable weigth difference riding).
Congrats Ritopc, excelent choice of wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ritopc said:
You'll like them, I think. At least, they'll look pretty cool :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts